First All-Girl Quintuplets in U.S. Are Born in Texas

rockin'robin

Reaction score
The first-ever all female quintuplets born in the United States were delivered in Houston last week, according to the Women's Hospital of Texas. It was the first set of all female quintuplets since 1969 in the world.

The hospital said in a statement that Danielle Busby and her husband Adam's five baby girls arrived by C-section at 28 weeks and 2 days on April 8. It took just four minutes for Busby to deliver Olivia Marie, Ava Lane, Hazel Grace, Parker Kate and Riley Paige, the hospital added. Ava and Olivia are identical twins.

More than a dozen medical personnel assisted in the delivery — and five medical teams were assembled to provide care after the babies' arrival.

"Danielle is a trooper, and her positive attitude definitely shined through the pregnancy and the delivery," said Dr. Alexander Reiter, who delivered the quintuplets with the help of more than a dozen other medical personnel.

"The baby girls did well during the delivery and are currently requiring only modest support of their breathing," added his colleague Dr. Finkowski-Rivera. "They have made a strong start in life, and we are excited to watch them grow and mature."

The new parents — who already had a three-year-old daughter called Blayke — used intrauterine insemination (IUI) for both pregnancies after struggling to conceive and said they "never imagined" what was in store for them when they set out to grow their family.

"We have had many ups and downs over the past couple of days," Danielle and Adam Busby wrote on a gofundme website launched to help cover expenses. "We are in for a long road ahead."
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/five-alive-texas-couple-welcomes-all-girl-quintuplets-n341821

I didn't realize all-girl quints were so rare.

good luck on them...when my daughter was baby two families in uk had sextuplets one set was all girls and conceived with fertility drug other set boys and girls were natural no medical imput so they said..
when I was in States ages ago two families were having 7 I believe all 14 did ok

my worse nightmare

That is true. That is a lot of babies, especially all five of them. They are expensive and need lots of diapers, clothes and food. Also they have to make sure they are healthy. It take work taking care of five children including if they have a daughter, too.

I wonder why the news said the parents already had 3 years old daughter, Blayke? That is past tense. :hmm:

Bebo, it just means they gave birth to their daughter 3 years ago. So the birth already happened, past tense. Not that anything happened to the child.

A better way for them to phrase it could be "the parents also have a 3 year old daughter." It's still the same.

Awww..I am sure it will be tough but they will bring joy to the family!!! Poor daddy when they become teenagers! Lol

WOW six girls, no boy for that daddy. I love the names. Hope they have lot's of help.

WOW six girls, no boy for that daddy. I love the names. Hope they have lot's of help.

My late grandfather had 5 girls..two of them being twins. He survived their childhood and teenaged years. Ended up with them having a stronger bond with him than their own mother.

Back