Votes: 8 11.6%
  • allow guns (legally) but make it HIGHLY restrictive

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • allow guns (legally) and less restrictive

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is as easy as pie... would you rather be a firearm owner or a victim? Thank our fore fathers for the 2nd Amendment. It allows us the right to own and bear arms, without it we would have lost the American Revolution. And if we lost the American Revolution, we all would be British. And since we are British, Nazi Germany (WWII) would have easily won and owned us. Something to chew on eh?

Nazi Germany never took over Britain...

Hello everyone! i am guns man and i love all kinda guns, i belivie that guns is part of sport and hobbs, also hunting and defice self at home. i know why that how easy to buy guns in some state and they not understand about what mean about guns they think it easy to kill that really very STUPID IDEA, if who been rised with guns rest of life they more understand about guns like me, i been rised with guns since i was kid by my dad and my grandfather and tooked me to hunting and shoot for enjoy and lern about guns. also i am NRA member. one things i think u.s. govt is try to pass new law on guns becasue tooo many happing killed at school it sad becasue they dont understand about do bad things becasue they not have faith and not follow thir heart. i belivie guns is good to keep safe at own home also if people love hunting for meat that good chiose and reson, also if love go shoot for enjoy that good chiose that part of sport. IF govt.. ban all guns WHERE OUR FREEDOM IS?? it would be worse lost our FREEDOM. but i dobit it they not ban it becasue there toooooo many many guns owner over this country.

hunting and killing animals is not a "sport".
To hide behind a tree and kill an unarmed innocent being just for the fun of it and not because of survival reasons is sick and cowardly.

hunting and killing animals is not a "sport".
To hide behind a tree and kill an unarmed innocent being just for the fun of it and not because of survival reasons is sick and cowardly.

I think Jiro, on page one, said it best....you have to be very careful of choosing words.
I, for one, don't know a hunter (and I know at least 50} who does not use a kill to feed the family and/or friends. I'll bet god money that if you took a poll, that a large majority of hunters do say the use a kill for food. Hell even the people of Canada would say that.

BTW: I do agree those small number of idiots who kill "for the fun of it" should be shamed (which I myself have told hunters I would do to them).

FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE

1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
3. Gun control is not about guns; it’s about control.
4. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?
5. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
6. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
7. If you don’t know your rights, you don’t have any.
8. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.
9. The United States Constitution (c)1791. All Rights Reserved.
10. What part of “shall not be infringed” do you not understand?
11. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.
12. When you remove the people’s right to bear arms, you create slaves. 13. Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians.
14. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
15. You don’t shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
16. 911: Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.
17. Assault is a behavior, not a device.
18. Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.
19. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.
20. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
21. You have only the rights you are willing to fight for.
22. Enforce the gun control laws we ALREADY have; don’t make more.

Election time seems to bring out the strangest people.;)

Too bad there's no Allow guns but keep a few restrictions as opposed to HIGHLY restrictive button for me to click on. :P

Too bad there's no Allow guns but keep a few restrictions as opposed to HIGHLY restrictive button for me to click on. :P

Yeah, the choices were rather limited. Choices were too dichotomous.

We could buy a shoulder-launched surface-to-air missile.

Yep, seriously. I know a guy who does. A few weeks ago I picked a grenade off his kitchen table and was just looking at it, turning it over in my hands, and he came into the room and told me to be careful, since it was a live grenade. Eek. :shock:

I am really shocked to see result of the poll!!!
It made my day! :D

btw I voted for
-allow guns (legally) but make it HIGHLY restrictive

Gun registration is VERY sticky topic for me, I love and hate idea of gun registration. I love it because it keep tracks of who owns gun, numbers of guns, etc... Reason why I hate it, because what if one day president decided to outlaw the gun and use gun registry to gather the guns. Some people refuse to register their older guns in case if something like this happens.

What Australia went through sickened me, when government gathers up antique, unique, even heirloom gun and saw em up then threw it in fire. I cant imagine government barge into my house and collect all 5 guns I inherited from my grandpa. My grandpa loved his gun just like grandma loved her jewelries.

However I am 100% supporter for stronger gun regulation, but I am not sure how.

Best way for me to support NRA organization.

I think Jiro, on page one, said it best....you have to be very careful of choosing words.
I, for one, don't know a hunter (and I know at least 50} who does not use a kill to feed the family and/or friends. I'll bet god money that if you took a poll, that a large majority of hunters do say the use a kill for food. Hell even the people of Canada would say that.

Myself, I am hunter. I can vouch for this guy, I never met single hunter who love to kill for fun (except during my childhood). Most of hunters I know have excellent hunting ethics. Only one time that I wasted my meat, because I shot a deer two days before my grandpa died. That's when I got really busy supporting my dad and family. Up to today, I still regret for killing that deer. :(

Reason why I hunt, it is the most natural feeling I will be able to experience. Its only time I know where meat exactly comes from. One average deer can give me load of meat, and save lot of money.

I think many people thinks hunting is fun because of adrenaline rush. I do get it and understand that, but I don't consider it as sport.

Well, we do have 2nd Amendment about right to keep bear arms so government can't pass any of gun control, or gun ban law that considered as interfere with our constitution, otherwise they will end up in court like happened to DC and Chicago.

I believe that Clinton did banned on assault weapons in 1994 but expired in 2004 after Bush didn't renew and Obama seems not intent to pass any of gun control, despite about his views on anti-gun so thanks to god about our federal haven't expand the gun control anymore.

They can't ban on guns because we have 2nd Amendment, the US Constitution trumped ALL gun bans and guns are necessary for many purposes, such as hunting, self-defense, collection, hobbies, etc.

*point at US Supreme Court* :lol:

I'm wait for court to hear on state banning CCW or open carry do violate 2nd Amendment or not.

Youre right, but its very dangerous to think that 2nd amendment wont be repealed.

That why I fully support NRA organization to ensure this amendment stays there.

-edit "remove" was wrong choice of word, I mean to say repealed.

Last edited:
Banning guns isn't going to solve the problem.

Take a gun away. There's still knives. Take a knife away. There's still baseball bats. Take a baseball bat away. There's still hockey sticks.

I could go on and on... cuz there will always be weapons out there. We're pretty resourceful when it comes to achieving something.

The bigger issue is being more aware of what's going on and doing something about it.

Nowadays, people have obvious problems and no one does anything about it.

true - but you can shoot from a distance. knives and bats and hockey sticks...you have to get up close and personal. There's a difference.

No, I don't believe we need more gun laws. Criminals don't purchase guns legally so you are only taking them away from honest people who need to defend themselves.

And, those gun buyback programs are quick fences for people who go out to steal them, turn them and support their drug habit.

I think we need more services for people with mental health issues. I think we need less violence on TV. I think we need less churches preaching hate. The list goes on and on....

We need to stop putting band-aids on symptoms and start working on a cure.

One correction . . . according to the Constitution, gun ownership is a right, not a privilege.

Before Supreme Court decision on McDonald -v- State of Chicago.
Yes but only in Federal level. To the Cities and States its a privilege to own a gun and liberals can make up laws restricting gun ownership as they see fit.

Judges in Supreme court in McDonald -v- City of Chicago case handed down decision that gun ownership in 2A is a 'right' in 50 states through 14A (incorporation)

Governments of any levels on unreasonable restrictions on gun ownership had been abolished.

Statistics on crime involving handguns: Gun crime statistics by US state: download the data. Visualised | World news | guardian.co.uk

Crimes involving guns far outweigh other weapons used.

On the interactive map, there's a dropdown menu so you can see what percentage of murders were firearms murder.

Getting the impression that the more pro-gun the state is, the higher the rate of gun-related violent crimes.

Hummm- looking at the same maps you are-

I'd like to know based on 'legal vs illegal' guns that is any gun used by an unregistered person is 'illegal' and used by only its registered owner 'legal' ALSO I would like to see removed any 'self-defense' gun deaths- that is if you break into my house and I shoot you dead- that one is not a 'gun-murder'.

I think the maps would look very different.

The definitions they are to be using seem to be biased. (FBI will report every firearm at a crime scene w/o it being used in the crime.)

"How to lie with statistics" [ame=http://www.amazon.com/How-Lie-Statistics-Darrell-Huff/dp/0393310728]Amazon.com: How to Lie with Statistics (9780393310726): Darrell Huff, Irving Geis: Books[/ame]

(space)

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...-in-the-u.s.-2010/violent-crime/violent-crime

Last edited:
Yep, seriously. I know a guy who does. A few weeks ago I picked a grenade off his kitchen table and was just looking at it, turning it over in my hands, and he came into the room and told me to be careful, since it was a live grenade. Eek. :shock:

yea I've handled live grenade once. it was... interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back