Are you ready of the blizzard of 2015 ?

Am I ready for the blizzard of 2015? So should I be ready for it in So. Calif? :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: I feel sorry for you people up there.

The news started to call the storm a nor'beaster they are thinking of shutting down long island railroad

Don't say that , A nor'beaster , Oh NO! I hope the weather reporters are wrong on this storm !

I just got an email from a vet office saying they're going to be closed Tuesday .

I imagine a nor'easter can do the same damage. I tend to think of nor'easters as winter tropical storms/hurricanes (though they don't develop in the tropics).

Winds could go up to 80 mph so those are hurricane force speeds!

So happy we missed a huge bullet again!!! We missed the brunt of Sandy as well. Whew!!!!

Stay safe everyone!

So happy we missed a huge bullet again!!! We missed the brunt of Sandy as well. Whew!!!!

Stay safe everyone!

Are you sure you dodged it? We're going to get the "heavy" stuff over night. Today's snow was just a teaser. You may be in the 3-6" area though I haven't really looked what's happening south of me.

Are you sure you dodged it? We're going to get the "heavy" stuff over night. Today's snow was just a teaser. You may be in the 3-6" area though I haven't really looked what's happening south of me.

We won't be getting the blizzard so I am glad about that!!! That's what I mean about diodging it. 60 to 70 mph winds with heavy snow? No thank u!

Winds could go up to 80 mph so those are hurricane force speeds!

Yeah that is what I heard on the news people on the coast could get wind as strong a hurricane number 1 and people have been warned that should they
evacuated their homes that are right on the beach. Once the high tide come in the road will be flooded out and the only other way off the island is by boat and that is out of the question. We are in high risk zone of losing our power . I am inland so I hope I will safer in not losing power. I am surprise there not been issues a mandatory evacuation for Plum Island yet.

Yeah that is what I heard on the news people on the coast could get wind as strong a hurricane number 1 and people have been warned that should they
evacuated their homes that are right on the beach. Once the high tide come in the road will be flooded out and the only other way off the island is by boat and that is out of the question. We are in high risk zone of losing our power . I am inland so I hope I will safer in not losing power. I am surprise there not been issues a mandatory evacuation for Plum Island yet.
I hope you don't lose power--it would be hard to stay warm. :cold:

I hope you don't lose power--it would be hard to stay warm. :cold:

Thank you ! I am thinking of going to bed early and falling to asleep so I will not feel the cold if we lose our heat. I bet the ocean is beautiful looking right now but we can't drive on Tuesday b/c of driving ban.

A first for me, my agency actually cancelled work for tomorrow. We knew before leaving the office that we were not to come in. And we may not come in Wednesday - it remains to be seen how much snow will fall and whether the highways will be open. So far, the wind is kicking up something fierce. So glad I have my family and a warm bed - and my cats to cuddle with me.....I'm sorry for anyone living in an area prone to outages....and anyone, two legged or four - out on the streets.

Laura

A first for me, my agency actually cancelled work for tomorrow. We knew before leaving the office that we were not to come in. And we may not come in Wednesday - it remains to be seen how much snow will fall and whether the highways will be open. So far, the wind is kicking up something fierce. So glad I have my family and a warm bed - and my cats to cuddle with me.....I'm sorry for anyone living in an area prone to outages....and anyone, two legged or four - out on the streets.

Laura

I feel that way about my little doggie ,he like to cuddle up to me on bed and he keep me warm. So far I still have my power .

I'm ready for blizzard because it will cause all classes cancelled.

I haven't been in blizzard since 1993.

I'm ready for blizzard because it will cause all classes cancelled.

I haven't been in blizzard since 1993.
I am curious, don't the professors send assignments (via internet) for you to do in case of a disaster like this?

I never forget the day when I was a student of NTID. On the second story of the building, the window was damaged by the blizzard and snow was all over on the floor at the stairways.

Unbelievable videos of the storm are now coming in on the Weather Channel. The winds...whoa!!!!!

The guy doing the plowing has not even touch the steps yet ! They buried under snow and this was of first the last plowing companies did . They would have two men here one for plowing and the other shoveling out the steps and walkway just enough for people to get out . I had never seen only one man working here during a snow blizzard , there has only been at least 2 men , one guy does the shoveling and the other the plowing . This way they can get the job done faster and go to the next job. Then come back here if needed .

At least we had not lost our power yet.

Shel. we dodged this storm, thankfully. Only got a coating overnight.

my siblingsgot about 2 feet and continues to snow. my nieces are happy not to be in school. My nephew took day off, not to work today. ha.. lucky them! hahah

My whole state has a driving ban so the stores can't open up here , people are not to drive to the stores but I know there will be people going out .

I was able to talk to the guy do the plowing and he shoveled out a small path and the steps . I told him "Thank you! and he said no problem ,he know I have a dog that need to go out. I was so glad Marty is smart dog and know he can't pee and poop in the house .

Back