Are you ready of the blizzard of 2015 ?

I heard the storm could go from Monday - Wednesday ..
:Ohno: We could get buried in and lose power .

Look's like it can get pretty bad. Nice if you don't have to go anywhere. I have no clue what we would do in a blizzard. I would like to try it once or twice.

Got lots of food, backup generator and backup backup K1 heater. Bringing laptop home from work and gonna plan on being home for at least a few days. My back already hurts from the thought of shoveling though.

Look's like it can get pretty bad. Nice if you don't have to go anywhere. I have no clue what we would do in a blizzard. I would like to try it once or twice.

In the blizzards of 09-10 winter season, it was my first time experiencing it as I grew up in Phx, AZ, I took my two kids and went walking up and down the streets while it was blowing snow. It was a complete white out and it was pretty fun! However, we got massive amounts of snow (81 inches total) and it destroyed our new shed in the backyard. Totally collapsed under the weight of the snow.

Ok you can trade places with me . :giggle:

I can't use a generator at my condo so I am hoping we do not lose our power . I saw people stocking up on meat and frozen food , I hope they have a generator or real good freezer .

Last edited:
My brother lives in CT, so last night I asked him if he's ready. He said he's fine unless he gets called in to work. His store always seems to ignore storm warnings for its employees.

My brother lives in CT, so last night I asked him if he's ready. He said he's fine unless he gets called in to work. His store always seems to ignore storm warnings for its employees.

Really??? We been told not to even try to drive on Tuesday b/c there zero visibility during the storm . My daughter is not going to work on Tuesday .

The is so disgusting of stores to put money before the safety of their employees .

Really??? We been told not to even try to drive on Tuesday b/c there zero visibility during the storm . My daughter is not going to work on Tuesday .

The is so disgusting of stores to put money before the safety of their employees .
Yes, really. The last time, employees showed up and they had no customers all day. Big waste.

Yes, really. The last time, employees showed up and they had no customers all day. Big waste.

My governor is on TV right now and much had said about ten times for "People to please stay off the road starting at 12 AM and all day Tuesday and that is a state driving ban . Of course snow plows, polices etc are allowed on the roads. That happen with my daughter once , no showed up to shopped so everyone send home early. People could slept in late and stayed home . The store made no profit they most lost money having to pay employees for coming in

Last edited:
My siblings said that they are all ready. LOL. I hope they will keep the power.

What state do they live in ? I heard Plum Island , Ma could be in big trouble.
there is a Plum Island in NY too , I am talking about the one in my state.
This happen in 2013 , I think about 4-6 house were lost .

plum-island-614x500.jpg

Last edited:
What state do they live in ? I heard Plum Island , Ma could be in big trouble.
there is a Plum Island in NY too , I am talking about the one in my state.
This happen in 2013 , I think about 4-6 house were lost .

plum-island-614x500.jpg

that one sounds like its sandy hurricine.

they live in long island. Thats where I grew up there. Long Island rocks. :D

that one sounds like its sandy hurricine.

they live in long island. Thats where I grew up there. Long Island rocks. :D

I imagine a nor'easter can do the same damage. I tend to think of nor'easters as winter tropical storms/hurricanes (though they don't develop in the tropics).

I imagine a nor'easter can do the same damage. I tend to think of nor'easters as winter tropical storms/hurricanes (though they don't develop in the tropics).

Ha really. I do think of four seasons. ;) So i ll know whats the difference between seasons. ha

You're right , I heard on the news that some more houses are in danger of being lost in this nor'easter . The houses are right on the edge on the sand dunes and it work was going to be done to try and save them but if this storm live up to all the hype it could be too late . I personally think its' insane building millions dollars homes on sand with the ocean as your back yard .

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/19/us/in-path-of-storms-plum-island-mass-weighs-its-options.html?_r=0 The NY Time wrote a nor'easters damaging houses in Plum Island .You not only have the wind you have the high tides to deal with . That is danger , if the storm hit right when there is high tide . The waves wash away the sand and the houses fall over.

You're right , I heard on the news that some more houses are in danger of being lost in this nor'easter . The houses are right on the edge on the sand dunes and it work was going to be done to try and save them but if this storm live up to all the hype it could be too late . I personally think its' insane building millions dollars homes on sand with the ocean as your back yard .

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/19/us/in-path-of-storms-plum-island-mass-weighs-its-options.html?_r=0 The NY Time wrote a nor'easters damaging houses in Plum Island .You not only have the wind you have the high tides to deal with . That is danger , if the storm hit right when there is high tide . The waves wash away the sand and the houses fall over.

That area where people can afford the house right next to the oceans. yes Crazy!

hey :-D

The news started to call the storm a nor'beaster they are thinking of shutting down long island railroad

Airlines have cancelled many flights and will continue to do so.
Amtrak has started canceling trains or adjusting them such as southbound ones that normally start in Boston will start in NY or Philly.
Commuter rails are also starting to cancel trains.

I'd rather they cancel these than risk having passengers stuck on the planes or trains.

For the trains, the snow is not the only issue. The high winds can wreck havoc with the wires that provide the power for the trains. And, of course, trees can be knocked down onto the tracks.

That area where people can afford the house right next to the oceans. yes Crazy!

I know but they still want taxpayers to foot the bill to try and save their houses. Millions of dollars been spend and it did not good. One time the wrong kind of sand was used and it washed away in two storms .

Back