Stealerships

sonocativo

Reaction score
Just want to let my friends and family know to beware Royal Gate Dodge. I bought a new car from them years ago and had a lot of service work done by them in the past, they were great back then. So, with us recently needing a new2us vehicle as the van was on its last leg, I vouched to my wife to buy from Royal gate dodge as I had great experiences in the past.
Well, we sold the van and found a vehicle, a 2008 Avenger SXT, test drove it and liked it, the service engine light was on so we brought it to their attention. We were told it needed an oil change and it went off after that... questionable. Tires are close to wear indicators and brake pads are about gone ( normal wear ) but they wont replace them. Ok, so we bought it, 2 days later we got a flat on the highway and had it plugged, and started feeling a shimmy on the highway, a mechanic looked at it and stated the lower ball joint was shot and shouldnt have passed inspection also the service engine light came back on, had it read at autozone. Turned out to be a bad EGR. We called royal gate and took it back in, they replaced the EGR as they apparently knew they did wrong erasing the code and lying to us ( which really pissed me off ) and said we bought as-is/used so the ball joint is our problem UNTIL we threated to take it to the Highway Patrol, then they changed their tune ( called highway patrol anyways ) Royal gate came back and said the ball joint was "questionable" so they were going to replace it. Questionable my ass, it shouldnt have passed inspecton to begin with and they provided the inspections. My friends and family who know me, knows Im not an idiot when it comes to cars and repairs, but to lie to me in our faces and get caught in your lies... I dont think i will buy or refer anyone that way in the future. Besides that, I asked about a Vehicle I was interested in buying to replace my truck, and was told they would work the numbers and call me several times and I never received a call from anybody there. they arent loyal anymore. yes, they did fix the few issues so far but not without trying to weasel there tight asses out of it. Dont lie to us again. We are taking the vehicle to the highway patrol to inspect it as the brake pads are paper thin and shouldnt have passed any inspections as well as the tire threads ( they used a tire guage ) and it was right at the red but still in the yellow... right on the line, which I feel failed as well. We have all doccuments on this and I feel someone is going to lose their Inspection license over it, they were pretty scrambled when we mentioned the highway Patrol... not my problem anymore, lie to me, then do it again. Suffer the consequences of lying under a federal Program. Spent my whole day sitting in a waiting room, yeah, piss me off again.

That's why I don't buy American cars and I have rare problem with my Japanese vehicles in the past. Too many of my friends/family complained about issue with their american cars even brand new. Only GOOD american vehicles is truck and SUV. That's it.

Last edited:
That's why I don't buy American cars and I have rare problem with my Japanese vehicles in the past. Too many of my friends/family complained about issue with their american cars even brand new. Only american vehicles is truck and SUV. That's it.
Because of her employment she's supposed to buy American ( with some exceptions) but didnt fall in the guidelines for what we wanted to spend.

Because of her employment she's supposed to buy American ( with some exceptions) but didnt fall in the guidelines for what we wanted to spend.

"American" as GM, Chrysler ,Ford assembly in Canada, Mexico, and other. So don't feels like TRUE American as 100% pure. That's why they got recalls too much.

"American" as GM, Chrysler ,Ford assembly in Canada, Mexico, and other. So don't feels like TRUE American as 100% pure. That's why they got recalls too much.
well if you research, 1000's of Jap models have been recalled recently.

If you talked about airbag then it was nothing do with Mazda, Toyota, Honda, BMW, and GM. It was Takata fault. LOL GM's another recalls again.

If you talked about airbag then it was nothing do with Mazda, Toyota, Honda, BMW, and GM. It was Takata fault. LOL GM's another recalls again.
nope, Jap electric gas pedal assemblies and ignitions, all cars have faults now... too much tech in non tech items.

nope, Jap electric gas pedal assemblies and ignitions, all cars have faults now... too much tech in non tech items.

Old news. Not recently news. You must confused between GM and other for ignition issue.

Yeah too much tech for just you. Not me.

Old news. Not recently news. You must confused between GM and other for ignition issue.

Yeah too much tech for just you. Not me.
Nothing to do with me, its all the cars both gm and jap.. and it was recent.
and I really dont give a flying rats ass, because every car has issues.
What Im getting at with my post is the dealership lying, and thats with all of them (maybe even you) the inspectors... its illegal for them to pass anything that doesnt fall in the guidelines....FEDERALLY Speaking and Im sure you know that and Im sure you know the consequences of doing that....
Do you beg to differ on that subject ? If so, why do you think so many shops lost their licenses to inspect and others got so tight as to not passing a vehicle on the utmost simplest things ( like just the very tip of the wiper blade torn (like 1/8 inch tear) the shops here will NOT pass any windshields with any cracks in them regardless how small ( because some were letting them slide with cracks in the viewing areas) Now they have to take and submit pictures with the VIN and whatever else before the inspection stickers are issued electronically... It is just outrageous and bulldoublehockeysticks.... Getting to the point of turning into little Italy here which would probly be better, where if your car is wrecked or damaged in any ways it has to be completely fixed before driven on the roads or be impounded because there is a lot of pieces of crap on the road that shouldnt be.... and Im sure youve seen your share of that.

sounds like you bought a used car and they didnt thoroughly inspect it.
Now the question is do you want them to take it back under lemon law or did you already go past 30 days? Or trade in and get another one? or suck it up and fix what you got?

sounds like you bought a used car and they didnt thoroughly inspect it.
Now the question is do you want them to take it back under lemon law or did you already go past 30 days? Or trade in and get another one? or suck it up and fix what you got?
Lemon law only applies to new cars, we are keeping it as it is a good car, being the sheer fact that they lied to us, they are going to fix whatever is wrong that should not have passed any inspections. We shouldnt have to fix what they should have corrected but instead, "fixed" or "rigged" the inspection to pass under false assumptions, such as the ball joints, they dont just wear out overnight, these were past the wear indicator and the highway Patrol isnt happy either as they called the dealer while we were there.
So being they tried to burn us on this sale, I will not buy from them again, hell, they havent contacted me once on the other vehicle I wanted since we were there and I inquired 5 times on the status and numbers as they have my info.... thats ok, Ill look elsewhere, there are plenty of dealers out there.

on a side not they have to repair everything free of charge as far as the failed inspection items, the brakes and tires we can deal with as they are normal wear and tear item, but even though they failed the test, tires are right at the fail level on the gage but still pass as its a grey area, not to the wear indicators but threads are close. Anyways I want better tires, and the brakes are cheap.

I service my car at a Ford Dealership for many years... never had problem until recently they messed up my front wheel bearings that my wheel was about to fall off. The last time it was repacked... one of their mechanic didn't do good job inspecting or didn't do their job properly. My mechanic friend from UPS stopped by and happens to know the manager, and we all worked out a deal so they ate up half the cost for their mistake.

There is shops that cheat customers... dealership and independent. I stay away from Midas as they are notorious for cheating customers and my grandfather was ripped off for the work that was never authorized. The more you acquaint with your mechanic, there is better chances if you have knowledge of the cars.

No vehicles are perfect... everything have flaws from Rolls Royce to Smart car. The same goes to the appliances you buy, some would be defective. Nothing lasts forever unfortunately.

I service my car at a Ford Dealership for many years... never had problem until recently they messed up my front wheel bearings that my wheel was about to fall off. The last time it was repacked... one of their mechanic didn't do good job inspecting or didn't do their job properly. My mechanic friend from UPS stopped by and happens to know the manager, and we all worked out a deal so they ate up half the cost for their mistake.

There is shops that cheat customers... dealership and independent. I stay away from Midas as they are notorious for cheating customers and my grandfather was ripped off for the work that was never authorized. The more you acquaint with your mechanic, there is better chances if you have knowledge of the cars.

No vehicles are perfect... everything have flaws from Rolls Royce to Smart car. The same goes to the appliances you buy, some would be defective. Nothing lasts forever unfortunately.
Couldnt have said it better. I myself stay away from midas, jiffy lube and all those funny joke places that hire un-educated workers. My best friends wife worked at Midas and they had a guy come in with some expensive show car for brakes, when he left, got about a mile down the road and all 4 wheels came off, they didnt tighten the lugs. Another was a porsch, guy drove off and blew his motor... after an oil drain...yep, they forgot to fill it.

Lemon law only applies to new cars, we are keeping it as it is a good car, being the sheer fact that they lied to us, they are going to fix whatever is wrong that should not have passed any inspections. We shouldnt have to fix what they should have corrected but instead, "fixed" or "rigged" the inspection to pass under false assumptions, such as the ball joints, they dont just wear out overnight, these were past the wear indicator and the highway Patrol isnt happy either as they called the dealer while we were there.
So being they tried to burn us on this sale, I will not buy from them again, hell, they havent contacted me once on the other vehicle I wanted since we were there and I inquired 5 times on the status and numbers as they have my info.... thats ok, Ill look elsewhere, there are plenty of dealers out there.

on a side not they have to repair everything free of charge as far as the failed inspection items, the brakes and tires we can deal with as they are normal wear and tear item, but even though they failed the test, tires are right at the fail level on the gage but still pass as its a grey area, not to the wear indicators but threads are close. Anyways I want better tires, and the brakes are cheap.

http://www.dmv.org/ma-massachusetts/automotive-law/lemon-law.php

Lemon Law applies to new and used cars in my state.

I once got a lemon and my auto shop said it would cost $600 to fix it. The auto dealer refuses to the job for free or give me $600 to get my car fixed . I drove to their office and parked my car in front of their window and
made them an offer they could not refuse. Give me a check for $600 or I will drive my car through their window . I got my $600 .

Yeah, right.....

I got my $600 , I called a buff and it worked . The dealership was run by thugs and went out of business . When I got my car my mom was with me and we were sent to a back room and there was a guy sitting behind a desk .He looked like he just walked of the set of 'The Godfather' and he tried to sell me a lojack and he thought I was going to be an easy sale . He was very cocky and tried to frighten me about my car getting stolen . He made no sale , my dad taught me well . I watch my dad when he dealt with people and I saw that he bluffed a lot and it worked .

Ill have a couple feet of snow to sell soon, comes with a limited warranty...lol

The word "As-Is" on the stick is meaning no warranty for any defective parts/mechanicals. You signed a contract of "As-Is" used car, that means you are responsible for any repairs expense. Sorry to hear your car.

http://www.dmv.org/ma-massachusetts/automotive-law/lemon-law.php

Lemon Law applies to new and used cars in my state.

I once got a lemon and my auto shop said it would cost $600 to fix it. The auto dealer refuses to the job for free or give me $600 to get my car fixed . I drove to their office and parked my car in front of their window and
made them an offer they could not refuse. Give me a check for $600 or I will drive my car through their window . I got my $600 .

Does not apply to "As-Is" used vehicles I think.

Back