New app called Glide

I ditched Tango because it's getting bloated and spammy... So annoying! Anyway, Glide isn't new... Started few years ago. Glide help enforce taking turns so no interruption. Videos are sent via cloud so it does not take up spaces in iPhone or android. Those on Glide friend list either watch it live or watch it later.

Here's what I said on FB...

On the subject of Glide, I have deleted Tango and Video Chat Rounds from my iPhone because Tango is spammy or annoying within the app. (too many ads) but it got bloated over the time. It used to be just text and video messaging (as well as video calling) like Glide but no, they added games and news channel and trying to become like Facebook... sheesh! bye bye Tango... Rounds is newcomer and I only have few friends on it so far and it's SO new. But Glide has gained popularity in Deaf Community and I am happy with it so Rounds is not needed so off it goes... Bye bye Rounds. There you go!
I know iPhone can let you send text and video message but video message takes up space on your iPhone and it takes time to send and receive. with Glide, it is quick and live and saved in Cloud. I know it has Facetime but it requires constant connection only if the person answer it at all. VP app (videophone like ZVRS or Sorenson VRS or Purple Communications or Convo) does offer videomail but not all of them offer app for hearing ASL user (ZVRS does) which we can leave each other video message... There is issue of interoperatablity (Sorenson will offer it but in Dec?? or later??) Hence, Glide break the barrier!
Good Job Glide!

I am a ASL Mentor so I ask my mentee (they are interpreting students) to install Glide and communicate with me via Glide so that way, their signing are used often and they improve their reception skill so I don't have to repeat since when I repeat, it's never same what I said first time...

I mostly use Glide. I like it. I never use Tango app. I removed it off.

My bro is a nypd. He told me that he and other cops who have Deaf relatives and they all took ASL classes at Lexington school. It's a purpose for them to get a certificate for communiter at a police station. They are not interpreter but can able to communicate with Deaf people. He begged me to refresh his memory for polishing his ASL. I TOLD HIM to install glide and he stalled for a week. PAH he did install his phone. We did talk. I can see that he needs to polish his ASL. LOL. ILL bother him today. I'll think of something to say to him. Eh. Lol

My bro is a nypd. He told me that he and other cops who have Deaf relatives and they all took ASL classes at Lexington school. It's a purpose for them to get a certificate for communiter at a police station. They are not interpreter but can able to communicate with Deaf people. He begged me to refresh his memory for polishing his ASL. I TOLD HIM to install glide and he stalled for a week. PAH he did install his phone. We did talk. I can see that he needs to polish his ASL. LOL. ILL bother him today. I'll think of something to say to him. Eh. Lol

Ask him if he smells bacon frying :laugh2:

I've heard about glide and its not bad I like it.

Sent from my Z995 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Back