Which E-Reader Do You Favor Most?

Which E-Reader Do You Favor?

• Kindle

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Nook (or Nook 2)

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other brand

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I'm old fashioned, I prefer the real books.

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

ladysolitary85

Reaction score
I'm asking this because I'm thinking about getting a e-reader. Would love to hear about anyone's pro and cons with whatever they have.

If I doubled posted, my apology.

Kindle is nice, but you can't borrow library books on it like you can with the Nook or Kobo.

So I have software on other devices to borrow library books.

Nook. I love it. So far I have ONLY borrowed library books on it, have not paid for a thing. It's great. Very easy to use, print is easily readable even outside in the sun, and it's an easy-to-hold size.

I think its just so darn classy :) (both, but my heart is saying Nook Color lol)

I still want to hear on everyone's experience with the readers :)

Last edited:
Get the Nook Color if you will use it only inside, and want to read newspapers and magazines on it. If you want to use it outside, then the "Simple Touch Reader" is better. But you can't read newspapers and magazines on that one.

Not exactly a big sample, is it??

I think Consumer Reports recently came out with a review and recommended the Nook, too. The new screen that the Nook (and Nook Color) uses is considered superior technology vs the screen on the Kindle. Also, the touch-screen of the Nook seemed easier and faster than the push-button operation of the Kindle.

I love my Kindle... though I really do wish that I could borrow library books on it.

Being able to borrow library books, plus the better screen, were the issues that convinced me the Nook was better for me.

I'm cheap. Or frugal. One of the two, depending who's saying. :lol:

So I love, love, love the ability to borrow library books. It makes owning the thing worthwhile.

I would love to have new high-tech e-newspaper that can be actual fold. Like seen on Minority Report

Just ordered myself a Kindle. I've been wanting one for about a year but it was always just a little too pricey for me. Saw a deal that took 25% off RRP yesterday & snapped it up. We don't see Nooks in the UK - the Sony eReader is the main rival to Kindle.

I use a 7 year old tablet notebook and an open source eBook conversion program, Calibre. The conversion program can convert pdf's as well as download website news into ebooks. I also use the ebooks on an android phone which comes in handy at the beach. So far, I don't see the need to get a reader.

In fact, I'd suggest you look into a tablet which can do much more than a reader if you are going to spend that kind of money. I may get the Samsung Galaxy.

Coolreader on Android, awesome,shame it doesn't do PDF but I convert them to epub. :)

One thing I love about Kindle is the ability to make everything really large print. And with my leather cover that I bought for it on Ebay, it is like holding a book, except for the page turning by buttons.

I love on reading on addiction websites code and computer :lol:

One thing I love about Kindle is the ability to make everything really large print. And with my leather cover that I bought for it on Ebay, it is like holding a book, except for the page turning by buttons.

Nook can do that too. You can change font style and size, both. I think all the e-readers have that capability, don't they?

And agree with the cover. I have a bright turqoise color on my Nook.

yea I love the covers for the e-readers I think their just awesome.

The only reason why I'm not getting a tablet is because its an arm and a leg I don't have. I may get the kindle, or I may get the nook (or nook color) for the convince of borrowing from a local library.

Those who have e-readers, tell me the pros and cons in your perspective :)

yea I love the covers for the e-readers I think their just awesome.

The only reason why I'm not getting a tablet is because its an arm and a leg I don't have. I may get the kindle, or I may get the nook (or nook color) for the convince of borrowing from a local library.

Those who have e-readers, tell me the pros and cons in your perspective :)

Another pro, I could have so many books on Kindle , more than my house would hold.

Advantages: I can take 5 or 6 books with me on vacation, all in the space of one very thin paperback, on the Nook.

I can take it to the beach or pool or car trip or anywhere, just tucked into my bag. (Of course be careful not to get water or sand on it - so far, not a problem.)

I love the "bookshelf" feature, where I can put all the books I've checked out of the library in one place.

Note: using this feature is a little weird. When you download the Adobe file on your computer, prior to checking out a library book, you can make a "bookshelf." BUT - that bookshelf does not get translated to the Nook! It stays just on the computer.

You have to make the bookshelf specifically on your Nook after downloading, and click on the list to make your choices of what to include.

The reason you want to do this is because Barnes and Noble is always transmitting to your Nook "new books for you to try," which include a chapter or two of a whole bunch of books. This (IMHO) clogs up my home screen, where really I'd prefer to just see the books I've checked out of the library and want to read. The "Bookshelf" is what I have to do to easily find them amongst all the B&N samples.

Eh - it probably sounds complicated the way I've described it. It isn't really, it's easy, just so you know your computer will hold your booklist in one way, and the Nook in another.

ANY-way, size, portability, easy reading, matte screen, dedicated device, and lower cost, are the pros for having an e-reader vs. a tablet. Better screen appearance and being able to check books out of the library are (to me) the advantages of Nook over Kindle.

Back