Would you date someone with kids?

I'm 26 and right now- no I wouldn't but if I fell in love with someone who had kids, I might change my mind :)

Sorry to sound blunt, but that is how you seperate the men from the boys. Only a real man will take responsibility of a child, whether it be his, or his bride to be.

My real grandfather was killed as a result of something I would rather not discuss here (related to his WWII experiences). My grandmother was left with 3 children. My father, uncle and aunt. My father was the oldest and was 7 years old. My grandmother was 30 years old when it happened. She eventually started to date again, and met, whom I call, my grandpa. He was a country bumpkin straight off the farm from Kentucky. My grandmother was from Indiana.

He taught us all what it meant to not only be a dad, but a grandpa too. I didn't find out until I was much older that he was my dad's "step dad". He always treated my father like a son, and me, like a grandson. He was always there for us.

For me, too, the only "grandfather" I ever knew was a step-grandpa. My father's mother's first husband died when my dad and his two (at that time) siblings were young. She remarried and had another child. This man, whom we called "Pappa" or "Nonno" (Italian for "grandpa") spoke almost no English, but he had been a wonderful father to my dad, and a dear grandfather to us kids. I remember he taught us how to make a whistle out of birch bark. He also taught us English-speaking grandkids a few words of Italian.

Sadly he died when I was only just barely 6, but he still had managed to create wonderful memories for me and had acted as a "real" grandfather in every way possible.

Sorry to sound blunt, but that is how you seperate the men from the boys. Only a real man will take responsibility of a child, whether it be his, or his bride to be.

My real grandfather was killed as a result of something I would rather not discuss here (related to his WWII experiences). My grandmother was left with 3 children. My father, uncle and aunt. My father was the oldest and was 7 years old. My grandmother was 30 years old when it happened. She eventually started to date again, and met, whom I call, my grandpa. He was a country bumpkin straight off the farm from Kentucky. My grandmother was from Indiana.

He taught us all what it meant to not only be a dad, but a grandpa too. I didn't find out until I was much older that he was my dad's "step dad". He always treated my father like a son, and me, like a grandson. He was always there for us.

That's great! :)

My only issue with dating guys who have kids is when they want to introduce me to their kids right away...I never brought my dates home unless the guy and I had been dating for a long time and even then, we were just friends in front of my boys just in case the relationship didn't work out. I don't want my kids getting attached to anyone who won't be there in 3, 6 or 12 months. It's not fair to them.

good point

Your the man that respects true dad. I would be pissed off if any other man claimed my kids as their own kids.

However when I was younger and kid-free I thought I could take dad role. Now that I have my own kids, I understood it clearly.

The biological father was not abusive and loved his son very much - why should I replace him?

I dont have child support and I am thankful for it b/c of the economy.

It would be difficult for me to take care of a man's child b/c it is not my responsibility. I wouldnt want to feed teenage kids.

I've dated someone with 4 children before. It was not a significant factor in liking them, or why the relationship broke up.

I would date someone with children again.

If I was single, sure I would date a man with children. I love children. :)

thats similar to my dad. he isn't my biological father, but he is my dad. he married my mom when I was 13, and always treated me like his own. When I turned 18 I changed my last name to his, because he is my daddy. with his first wife, he adopted the daughter she already had, then had two more with her. He is the most amazing dad I have ever met, and I can't thank him enough for being my dad. between my mom and dad, there were 6 girls... three from each parent. My dad has never once called me his step-daughter, i've always been his daughter. :ty: daddy.

and as for the original question, if for some reason my partner and I were to split up, I wouldn't have a problem dating someone with a kid, or more than one kid. I actually did before my partner and I got together. Her daughter was 6 months old, and i loved her to pieces.

thats similar to my dad. he isn't my biological father, but he is my dad. he married my mom when I was 13, and always treated me like his own. When I turned 18 I changed my last name to his, because he is my daddy. with his first wife, he adopted the daughter she already had, then had two more with her. He is the most amazing dad I have ever met, and I can't thank him enough for being my dad. between my mom and dad, there were 6 girls... three from each parent. My dad has never once called me his step-daughter, i've always been his daughter. :ty: daddy.

and as for the original question, if for some reason my partner and I were to split up, I wouldn't have a problem dating someone with a kid, or more than one kid. I actually did before my partner and I got together. Her daughter was 6 months old, and i loved her to pieces.

You are very lucky. They should never have invented the word "step" when talking about relationships. Blood isn't the only way to have children to be fully and truly your own.

I think your age would be important on how you answer that question. For myself, I would never remarry because of the baggage that people accumiliate. Grown children can create alot of problems in a relationship when older folks choose to remarry. Dating is one thing, remarriage is completely different.

Back