Can I interview someone please?!

Perhaps we could create a data bank with answers to the typical questions. When one of these "new members" wander through, we will have already answered most of their questions. They can simply cull their answers there. If they have a new question, we can add it to the data bank with answers. That might keep some of them from even posting one of these threads. They can simply head to the bank and withdraw opinions, then assign one of us to the answers selected. I offer my screen name to be used by students. Whether or not the opinions expressed are mine is not important. After all, this is the internet, where fabrications abound.

I nominate you to make the thread. You could just collect old posts and put them there.

I nominate you to make the thread. You could just collect old posts and put them there.

I say showing one of these pictures to the newcomers works too. :giggle:

1234277022_ec4b302.gif

Of course... however most of them cant bother reading

ATTN: Those who wants to do interviews/questions/surveys - Please read this FIRST.

But then who has time for that when homework is due the next day?

Well, I can't help it but to say something. I can see how everybody's response to how that college student's lacking to complete her homework in time. We have been there before well not everybody. And some people are different, some DO NOT manage their time well and thought they will find some time to do it but end up regretting. I am not defending that student but see how you guys react is more like "DONT GIVE A FUCK" attitude. I would like everybody to think how you react to people when they say something or ask. Just simply say I am sorry I refuse to do it and state your reason. And also remember that student is hearing and how she is going to tell people about her experience with Deaf people? Let me tell you, I heard from a teacher who also is Deaf like us stated that in one of class presentation is that there are surveys from waitress that who works in restaurants and asked who is the best and worst tipper. Lesbian/BI is credited as a best tipper and guess who is the worst tipper? Deaf! That is how you decide to treat people and you get the result. I know it might be a unpleasant experience but at least show yourself a classy attitude and educate people that they should handle it more better because we deserve fairness. If you don't educate people properly then you will know the result.

Not make excuses - offer reasonable alternative! I not know OP situation, neither do you!

I do know the OP wait until the last minute to their homework and looked for an easy way out of doing it!! ! And that does say something about a person!

I do know the OP wait until the last minute to their homework and looked for an easy way out of doing it!! ! And that does say something about a person!

I not know what it says, but I know it not say she deserve be treat badly.

Why are you ticked off about this? At least that is how I can see how you type on this forum. I get it completely that this girl doesn't do it her home till the last minute. This girl hasn't stated her reason of why it's late but there is no reason to be feeling bothered by this person. Chill out

The OP did come back and explain her situation.

I really apologize everyone took offense to my post : ( I actually work 50 hours a week managing a salon and am in school full time. I try my best and attempted to set up an interview at a Deaf school but the principle never got back to me.

I spoke with a girl in my class and she recommended visiting a Deaf site as she had done to speak with those in the community. It may have been last minute, but my intentions were not to "use" all of you and just leave. I actually fell in love with ASL and the Deaf community and thought people here would be willing to help.

The interview was supposed to be done face to face, but like I said, I am trying my best to keep up with everything.

Thank you Sunny signs and Journey for not attacking me and giving me the benefit of the doubt.

I apologize again if I upset anyone.

But still she needs to manage her time better. 50 hours managing a salon? Try workin 3-4 jobs while being a single parent and going to uni. Yes it's possible. Yup, I did it. Good luck on your courses.

Back