So...what you think about the health care bill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you had me on ignore? Maybe you should ignore me completely rather than misinterpreting my quotes.

I thought you had me on ignore? Maybe you should ignore me completely rather than misinterpreting my quotes.

People can see other people's quotes, regardless if they are on ignore or not.

How did he misinterpret it? I quoted it in full.

You can misinterpret anything to suit whatever agenda you are trying to meet. My intention behind my statement was not to insenuate that shel90's brother is intentionally unemployed, but that he would have a job if it were possible to do so. At 10.2% unemployment rate, jobs are not easy to come by.

Agreed though I must say that free healthcare isn't really free for taxpayers must pay for it.

True but we are already paying taxes for everything anyay :lol:

You can misinterpret anything to suit whatever agenda you are trying to meet. My intention behind my statement was not to insenuate that shel90's brother is intentionally unemployed, but that he would have a job if it were possible to do so. At 10.2% unemployment rate, jobs are not easy to come by.

What you said was pretty straightforward and very rude. You just cant make assumptions about people you dont know without asking first.

Originally Posted by Eve
I am sure that if he had any intentions of getting a job with benefits, he would have already done so...

shel, you can interpret it however you want. Makes me no difference. If the unemployment rates were fixed, your brother might have a job. If he had a job, he might not have the need for socialized medicine, because he may have health benefits through his employer. The fact still remains that our own Declaration guarantees that we may PURSUE life, liberty, and happiness, but doesn't claim that the government is responsible for making it happen. That is up to us as citizens. I think a 52" screen tv would make me happy....does that mean that the government should supply me with it?

Shel, Conservative people is really don't care about low income families cannot afford insurance coverage, employers don't offers insurance coverage or very high insurance cost, I'm really hope that they will rot in skyrocketing of insurance cost in near future, that all I say.

shel, you can interpret it however you want. Makes me no difference. If the unemployment rates were fixed, your brother might have a job. If he had a job, he might not have the need for socialized medicine, because he may have health benefits through his employer. The fact still remains that our own Declaration guarantees that we may PURSUE life, liberty, and happiness, but doesn't claim that the government is responsible for making it happen. That is up to us as citizens. I think a 52" screen tv would make me happy....does that mean that the government should supply me with it?

*rolls eyes*

I never thought I say this, but man at least Kokonut makes more reasonable arguments against the healthcare reforms. What you keep citing can be interpreted in so many different way.

My biggest problem with the reform is that it's being handled by the federal government, not by the individual state government-- at least in Canada, our healthcare is regulated on a provincial basis, not on a federal basis. If I don't agree with the policy in B.C. or Ontario, I can always move to say-- Alberta or Northwest Territories which is altogether different in how they distribute taxpayers' money.

Shel, Conservative people is really don't care about low income families cannot afford insurance coverage, employers don't offers insurance coverage or very high insurance cost, I'm really hope that they will rot in skyrocketing of insurance cost in near future, that all I say.
That is not true. Conservative people do care.

Health care should be a right, not a priviledge. Comparing health care to a TV is like comparing apples to oranges.

It'll come down to rationed health care since there is not even enough money to go around. Secondly, when has the U.S. govt ever been successfull in the field of health care? If it were the case then we would've seen smashing successes in the Medicare and Medicaid field but that's not the case. Why trust in the govt when they cannot even get Medicare down pat when you see $60 billion dollars a year on waste and fraud? Fix Medicare first rather than throw more money out of the window on an alternative health care refore we know won't work. We don't have the money.

My question is....do people choose to be sick with cancer?

People can choose to have a fancy TV so they work or find the jobs to pay for it. If they dont get a fancy TV, they will survive.

People with cancer or some terminal illness may have to find a job to pay for health care but then again, even if they do find a job that provides it, the health insurances may deny them coverage for a preexisting condition. So, without treatment, they die.

Now, which is a right or which is a priviledge?

Rationed health care will ensure more people will die waiting. So, what's the point in trying to pass a health care "reform" when it won't do the job it's supposed to do simply because we do not have the money to ensure that.

Does anyone have a link to the bill? The link that I have goes to a scanned in pdf version. It's hard to read and navigate. Does anyone know where I can find an electronic version?

My question is....do people choose to be sick with cancer?

People can choose to have a fancy TV so they work or find the jobs to pay for it. If they dont get a fancy TV, they will survive.

People with cancer or some terminal illness may have to find a job to pay for health care but then again, even if they do find a job that provides it, the health insurances may deny them coverage for a preexisting condition. So, without treatment, they die.

Now, which is a right or which is a priviledge?
Here is the Conservative stance, in my opinion. Most of them feel they have earned what they have, and don't want to share it with those that have less. Funny thing, those are the same people that tend to support gun ownership and religion. They got their pile, they want to be able to defend it, and they want to tell you who to worship. If you are different, you are a stupid and uninformed loser. Circumstances be damned! If you have financial problems, no matter the cause; too bad for you. They went to college, paid their dues, and feel entitled to keep the results.

All I can say; someday, they may be in the other side's shoes. Karma is a bitch, yes?

Health care should be a right, not a priviledge. Comparing health care to a TV is like comparing apples to oranges.
The absurdity of her comment does not require a reply.

Sometime people see this as if one worked hard to get an "A" it must be "shared" with those who only earned a "C" and by fiat demand that grades be shared and now everybody get's a "B" no matter how hard one works or not work to earn that grade. It wouldn't matter. That sort of thinking needs to be avoided and at the same time help those who need help rather than penalize those who worked hard, so to speak.

I never thought I say this, but man at least Kokonut makes more reasonable arguments against the healthcare reforms. What you keep citing can be interpreted in so many different way.
Agreed. It took much longer before I had my fill of koko. At least he had reasons that made sense. Somebody else has an agenda to rock the boat with absurd posts. I think I read about 4 posts of the "Goddess Gospel" before I knew it was something I would prefer to not know existed.

There will not be any changes, just hidden ones that we get in the beehind. We will still be paying for those who cannot afford to buy their own healthcare. (Or in other words who won't work for it).

And I am wondering about ASL interpreters, where do they come in?

Rationed health care will ensure more people will die waiting. So, what's the point in trying to pass a health care "reform" when it won't do the job it's supposed to do simply because we do not have the money to ensure that.

It is already rationed. Been for a good number of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back