Fox News shut out of Canada because of lying

Hmm... Sun News? That one is owned by Quebecor, not News Corporation.

Awww, so there's no truth to it?
Party pooper. :giggle:

Sorry bud. :lol:

Although Sun News is also often referred to as "Fox News North". They originally applied for a Category 2 license which would be referred to as a speciality channel. With a license like that, cable and satellite providers often would pay you a fee to carry your signal.

If you thought Fox News was bad, wait until you read the Sun News.

However, what happened was that they also wanted to air it over the antenna, which they did. So it basically rendered their channel ineligible for any fees for the cable and satellite providers. They started a campaign going against Bell for dropping their signal. However, what they did not want to admit was the fact that it was Quebecor who asked Bell to stop carrying their signal since they were not being paid for it.

So much for staying honest.

They aren't making much of a dent at the moment, especially after surrendering their over-the-air license in favour of the category 2 license. As a result, their revenues have dropped at least 80%. Quebecor is also killing a large number of their newspapers across the country due to the massive cutbacks and poorly made management decisions. In fact, the ratio of senior managers to lower level employees is quickly shrinking. They are not firing the senior managers, yet they are cutting a large number of lower level employees. It doesn't make sense to keep the senior managers since they wouldn't have anything to do while their departments are being eliminated.

They are also outsourcing a large amount of work over to India. Shameful.

Quebecor also took a heavy hit in revenues over the last year. Quebecor won't be lasting if they continue running the company in such a disgraceful manner.

I think we're living in the golden age of yellow journalism. The late 1800s ain't got nothing on yellow journalism.

Regardless of lies or honestly todays news is way to biased to be reliable. Back when news companies where smaller and focused on reporting the truth to the people was a much better time. If the papers had stayed true i beleiv the world or at least canada/america would be in a much better place.

Regardless of lies or honestly todays news is way to biased to be reliable. Back when news companies where smaller and focused on reporting the truth to the people was a much better time. If the papers had stayed true i beleiv the world or at least canada/america would be in a much better place.

I'll have to concur. The fact is, there are nearly no independently owned newspapers anywhere in North America. In 1991, around 18% of the Canadian newspapers were independently owned. Today, it's less than 1%.

It explains why nearly all of the community newspapers are filled with fillers from the head office. They are cutting jobs everywhere because they don't understand the purposes of a community newspaper. They are used to running big newspapers, but not the small ones.

Back