Has anyone been to a NASCAR race?

The Joker

Reaction score
Even some of you are deaf. Can you feel vibrations from loudness from engines during the race?

I have been to Charlotte Motor Speedway. As a "hearie", I had on full headset protection. I could still hear the roar as the group came around in front of us and we could feel the vibration of 33 cars without mufflers.

We were 2/3's the way up in the stands.

Been to the Daytona 500 several times and Bike Week also...we had seats (at Daytona 500) 1st row, right by the fence!...Never again...went to the bathroom and my nose was BLACK...soot all over me too...both vibrations from Daytona and Bike week were awful...had them over a week and could not sleep or concentrate...

Been to drag race... oh definitely feel the loud rumbling of engines when it takes off.

I've only done the Indy 500 a bunch but that's it (I really have no interest in racing beyond that one weekend) but yeah, you can defs feel the rumbling and vibrations. I'm HoH so I don't bring my hearing aids and I wear earplugs. I don't know what it's like during a Nascar race, since they don't use Indycars

My sister has lost a good deal of her hearing from attending auto races for about 10 years without hearing protection. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink!

Back