Nelson Mandela: A Villain Portrayed As A Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yasser Arafat got a Nobel Peace Prize, too--what's that tell you?

I didn't know that, Reba. :shock:

Whatever happened to choosing worthy aspirants? *smh*

I am total appalled over your comment here.

Then I guess all those Germans who fought and sacrificed their lives to fight against communist control of Germany wasted their efforts.

Huh? What is this issue do with this thread here ?

I guess America's support for German reunification was wasted since you think communism isn't so bad.

Huh? Where have I say that communism is not bad? It doesn't mean that I support communism because I respect former communist friends' view over their hometown in East Germany before Berlin Wall pulled down in 1990s.

If you say that Bush and other presidents do the same thing that Mandela did, then why do you criticize Bush and praise Mandela? You just posted that they "did the same thing."

You can't have it both ways unless you're a hypocrite.

Huh? :confused:

Okay let me get the fact straight...

Did Mandela send his soliders to attack other countries ?

Did Mandela label Bush as a terrorist because he freed Iraqis from Saddam Hussein ?

Why have Bush label Mandela as a terrorist because he freed his people from racist and discrimination (apartheid) when he is guilty the same thing is "free Iraqi from Saddam"...?

Mandela expressed his support to Bush fully soon after 9/11 and then he and Bush fall out because Mandela was against Iraq war.... As what the author of your article claimed that Mandela support Saddam Hussein... If it's true which mean is Mandela would send his soliders to support Iraq war against US but he didn't. It mean that the author who wrote the article, you posted is a false.

Bush :pissed: on Mandela for not support him on Iraq war... He made very stupid speech and make Mandela look bad... Mandela dead... next day newspaper comes... Mandela is still alive... It make Bush look fool himself.

SOUTH AFRICA'S NEW ERA;
In Phone Call, Bush Invites Mandela to Visit Him
LEAD: President Bush rejoiced today over the freedom of Nelson Mandela, spoke to him by telephone and invited the anti-apartheid leader to visit the White House.

It was before 9/11 - Bush impressed wonderful about Mandela...after 9/11, he was label as a terrorist and make him look bad because he was against Iraq war..

SOUTH AFRICA'S NEW ERA; In Phone Call, Bush Invites Mandela to Visit Him - New York Times

Bush delivers unprecedented snub to Mandela in Africa visit
Bush delivers unprecedented snub to Mandela in Africa visit | Independent, The (London) | Find Articles at BNET

Nelson Mandela: The U.S.A. Is a Threat to World Peace
In a rare interview, the South African demands that George W. Bush win United Nations support before attacking Iraq

Nelson Mandela: The U.S.A. Is a Threat to World Peace - More Newsweek International - MSNBC.com

If you deny it then you're a hypocrite :roll:

........ praise Mandela?

Yes I praise Mandela for free his people from racist and discrimination against Apartheid. Without him, Black Africans would have no equal rights as white Africans if Mandela did not end Apartheid. Yes, he deserves a Nobel Peace Prize for fight for long years to end Apartheid against racist and discrimination. You would call yourself as a racist if you disagree what and how Mandela did for his country to end Apartheid.

Oh, really? Even if the accusations are true?

See above...

Really? I'm surprise that you didn't know that he met communists and dictators.

Do you remember that US Government support for Saddam Hussein during the Iraq-Iran war?

If your answer is yes, should we call US Government as a terrorist for support Saddam Hussein against Iran ? I just can't beleive that Mandela was being labeled as a terrorist by US Government for sacrificed his own freedom for his people and country for long 27 years against racist and discrimination...

I can see if anyone who disagrees with Bush for Iraq war then automaticially labeled as a terrorist. :roll:

This is a disgusting.

I don't think it makes any difference what Mandela thinks about the Iraq war.

I am total appalled over your comment here.

Huh? What is this issue do with this thread here ?

Huh? Where have I say that communism is not bad? It doesn't mean that I support communism because I respect former communist friends' view over their hometown in East Germany before Berlin Wall pulled down in 1990s.

Huh? :confused:

Okay let me get the fact straight...

Did Mandela send his soliders to attack other countries ?

Did Mandela label Bush as a terrorist because he freed Iraqis from Saddam Hussein ?

Why have Bush label Mandela as a terrorist because he freed his people from racist and discrimination (apartheid) when he is guilty the same thing is "free Iraqi from Saddam"...?

Mandela expressed his support to Bush fully soon after 9/11 and then he and Bush fall out because Mandela was against Iraq war.... As what the author of your article claimed that Mandela support Saddam Hussein... If it's true which mean is Mandela would send his soliders to support Iraq war against US but he didn't. It mean that the author who wrote the article, you posted is a false.

Bush :pissed: on Mandela for not support him on Iraq war... He made very stupid speech and make Mandela look bad... Mandela dead... next day newspaper comes... Mandela is still alive... It make Bush look fool himself.

SOUTH AFRICA'S NEW ERA;
In Phone Call, Bush Invites Mandela to Visit Him
LEAD: President Bush rejoiced today over the freedom of Nelson Mandela, spoke to him by telephone and invited the anti-apartheid leader to visit the White House.

It was before 9/11 - Bush impressed wonderful about Mandela...after 9/11, he was label as a terrorist and make him look bad because he was against Iraq war..

SOUTH AFRICA'S NEW ERA; In Phone Call, Bush Invites Mandela to Visit Him - New York Times

Bush delivers unprecedented snub to Mandela in Africa visit
Bush delivers unprecedented snub to Mandela in Africa visit | Independent, The (London) | Find Articles at BNET

Nelson Mandela: The U.S.A. Is a Threat to World Peace
In a rare interview, the South African demands that George W. Bush win United Nations support before attacking Iraq

Nelson Mandela: The U.S.A. Is a Threat to World Peace - More Newsweek International - MSNBC.com

Yes I praise Mandela for free his people from racist and discrimination against Apartheid. Without him, Black Africans would have no equal rights as white Africans if Mandela did not end Apartheid. Yes, he deserves a Nobel Peace Prize for fight for long years to end Apartheid against racist and discrimination. You would call yourself as a racist if you disagree what and how Mandela did for his country to end Apartheid.

See above...

Really? I'm surprise that you didn't know that he met communists and dictators.

Do you remember that US Government support for Saddam Hussein during the Iraq-Iran war?

If your answer is yes, should we call US Government as a terrorist for support Saddam Hussein against Iran ? I just can't beleive that Mandela was being labeled as a terrorist by US Government for sacrificed his own freedom for his people and country for long 27 years against racist and discrimination...

I can see if anyone who disagrees with Bush for Iraq war then automaticially labeled as a terrorist. :roll:

This is a disgusting.

I gotta agreed with you here. :confused:

I agree with Banjo and Reba regarding Mandela.

South Africa is now a place of pain and turmoil because of him. Yet this man boasts at his handiwork and is rewarded a Noble Peace Prize .... for what? The mind boggles!

I was horrified with the world's hero worship at his recent birthday celebrations! That did not sit very comfortably with me at all!

I find sad that someone label a great man as a terrorist. Before he end Apartheid, they have everything for white people. Can you image what if USA was ruled by black people where the white people can't vote, not even ride a bus, etc. no beach for black people, etc. black people were being beat up and burnt up alive by white people... that's why Mandela want to end it. I would consider anyone as a racist if anyone support Apartheid for white people only against Mandela and labeled him as a terrorist. Mandela fought for equal rights for all races. (read my previous posts).

No, Mandela did not solve anything because he was in jail. The country got out of it by itself.

Yes, Mandela deserved Noble Peace Prize for free black people from racist and discrimination.

I would recommend you to rent a DVD Goodbye Bafana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, Shel ... he is Oprah's cherished friend! *smh*

Huh? Is what you mean mandela and Oprah - Google Bilder

Google-Ergebnis für http://www.achievement.org/achievers/win0/large/win0-022.jpg

Why? :confused:

Mandela grandson enters politics

Mandela grandson enters politics

The grandson of South Africa's former President Nelson Mandela is entering politics ahead of April's elections.

The governing African National Congress says Mandla Mandela is on its list of parliamentary candidates.

The elections are set to be the most interesting since Mr Mandela became president in 1994, ending apartheid.

A new opposition party - the Congress of the People (Cope) - was formed in December by dissidents unhappy with Jacob Zuma's leadership of the ANC.

On Wednesday, the most high-profile defector from the ANC - former Deputy President Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka - appeared at a Cope meeting.

It was her first appearance after much speculation about her role in the breakaway party.

Obviously his family has the legacy of Nelson Mandela... so certainly there will be a lot of expectations of him

ANC spokesman Brian Sokutu

How ANC came to split

She resigned as deputy president soon after Thabo Mbeki was sacked as the country's president last September, after a fall-out with Mr Zuma.

Mandla Mandela is a businessman with ties to Mr Zuma, who is the front-runner to become president.

"Obviously his family has the legacy of Nelson Mandela, the world renowned icon of our struggle, so certainly there will be a lot of expectations of him," ANC spokesman Brian Sokutu said.

Mr Zuma has remained popular despite the shadow of corruption hanging over him.

Correspondents say Cope could win enough votes to deny the ANC a two-thirds majority in parliament, needed to change the constitution.

BBC NEWS | Africa | Mandela grandson enters politics

I find sad that someone label a great man as a terrorist. Before he end Apartheid, they have everything for white people. Can you image what if USA was ruled by black people where the white people can't vote, not even ride a bus, etc. no beach for black people, etc. black people were being beat up and burnt up alive by white people... that's why Mandela want to end it. I would consider anyone as a racist if anyone support Apartheid for white people only against Mandela and labeled him as a terrorist. Mandela fought for equal rights for all races. (read my previous posts).

No, Mandela did not solve anything because he was in jail. The country got out of it by itself.

Yes, Mandela deserved Noble Peace Prize for free black people from racist and discrimination.

:werd:

South Africa is a hellhole these days. Nobody in their right mind would go there. It's amazing how people go ga-ga over Mandela while turning a blind eye to what is going on in that country these days. It is much, much worse than it used to be.

South Africa was handed over to a different person other than Mandela years ago and he's not any better either. It's not getting any better either.

So what some of you guys saying???

I am trying to get a clear picture of this.

South Africa is trying to get the blacks to control their own country, And by doing that they are ridding of the white people? Or are they trying to rid of the white people controlling their country by dictatorship?

Correct me if I am wrong.

South Africa is a hellhole these days. Nobody in their right mind would go there. It's amazing how people go ga-ga over Mandela while turning a blind eye to what is going on in that country these days. It is much, much worse than it used to be.

South Africa was handed over to a different person other than Mandela years ago and he's not any better either. It's not getting any better either.

I went to South Africa last Sept. Specifically Johannesburg, Kruger National Park, and Cape Town. I wouldn't call it a "HELL HOLE". It is relatively safe... if you stay in the "white part" of the town. The racial segregation is so blatantly obvious.

About the white farmers being attacked... it reminded me of the movie, The Birth of a Nation, it's from 1915. It's about how KKK started in order to "save" the women from the freed "angry scary black people". It's ridiculously racist, but it does have a point. When you do something as horrible as slavery/apartheid, it's not as simple to just end it, and everything goes right again. There will be major repercussions.

I went to South Africa last Sept. Specifically Johannesburg, Kruger National Park, and Cape Town. I wouldn't call it a "HELL HOLE". It is relatively safe... if you stay in the "white part" of the town. The racial segregation is so blatantly obvious.

About the white farmers being attacked... it reminded me of the movie, The Birth of a Nation, it's from 1915. It's about how KKK started in order to "save" the women from the freed "angry scary black people". It's ridiculously racist, but it does have a point. When you do something as horrible as slavery/apartheid, it's not as simple to just end it, and everything goes right again. There will be major repercussions.

Ah,yes! The myth of the "big, black buck!" If it weren't a sad, sad part of this country's history, it would be comical.

And you are correct that situations like slavery and apartheid are not corrected simply by reversing the policy. It takes much more to get rid of the attitudes that were behind the policy, as well as the repercussions of having created an oppressed class of people.

its been a hell hole for decades mate, only fools thought mandela and co was the answer, it was a western thing that put him up there, even in peace(or so called) we try to dictate the pace, we never learn. and africa is poorer for it ;(

its been a hell hole for decades mate, only fools thought mandela and co was the answer, it was a western thing that put him up there, even in peace(or so called) we try to dictate the pace, we never learn. and africa is poorer for it ;(

Ethnocentrism at its finest.

I'd like to mention that support for communism does not necessarily make one "bad". A lot of people are under the assumption that Fidel Castro set up a communist country. Uhh.. it's NOT a communist country at all. Communism is a naive idea, and applying it usually makes the country lean towards dictatorship, which is exactly what happened to Cuba.

However, Nelson Mandela did support Fidel himself, and that is a major red flag for me....

I understand why people are against the idea of glorifying Mandela (due to his lack of useful action during his Presidency), but didn't he play a big role in ending apartheid? Unfortunately, I think ending apartheid is one of those situations where you know it's gonna hurt like hell, but you HAVE to pull the band-aid.....

Thousands of North Koreans escaped North Koreans and not a single South Korean migrated to North Korea
Thousands of Cuba escaped from Cuba the last 30 years and maybe like 10 black revolutionaries migrate to Cuba for safety for their "criminal actions"
Thousands of Vietnamese escape from Vietnam which still rededucated and imprisoned former South Vietnamese.
all this are detailed at Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International, surprisingly.

And when U.S. companies left South Africa in the 1980s due to the Sullivan act and pressure from Transafrica, the black South Africa unemployment rate went up the roof....

I'd like to mention that support for communism does not necessarily make one "bad". A lot of people are under the assumption that Fidel Castro set up a communist country. Uhh.. it's NOT a communist country at all. Communism is a naive idea, and applying it usually makes the country lean towards dictatorship, which is exactly what happened to Cuba.

However, Nelson Mandela did support Fidel himself, and that is a major red flag for me....

I understand why people are against the idea of glorifying Mandela (due to his lack of useful action during his Presidency), but didn't he play a big role in ending apartheid? Unfortunately, I think ending apartheid is one of those situations where you know it's gonna hurt like hell, but you HAVE to pull the band-aid.....

Thousands of North Koreans escaped North Koreans and not a single South Korean migrated to North Korea
Thousands of Cuba escaped from Cuba the last 30 years and maybe like 10 black revolutionaries migrate to Cuba for safety for their "criminal actions"
Thousands of Vietnamese escape from Vietnam which still rededucated and imprisoned former South Vietnamese.
all this are detailed at Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International, surprisingly.

And when U.S. companies left South Africa in the 1980s due to the Sullivan act and pressure from Transafrica, the black South Africa unemployment rate went up the roof....

I was just saying that there is a difference between the "idea" of Communism and attempt for Communism, because simply Communism DOES NOT WORK, and ends up in horrible results, as you stated above.

It's actually possible to enter johanessburg and survive.. Many of my friends stay in SA for months during the european winter coming back with with good memories.

SA has been through a bloody colonization, followed by a perverted era of apartheid, and now south africa is fighting poverty, crime and corruption, but they are still alive!

The "Mandela myth" you are talking about, is mostly propaganda from Afrikaans, an extremely conservative and christian minority that ruled SA before Mandela.

The white house have told north americans that Castro, Yasser, Gaddafi are evil and gruesome statesmen. It becomes a logic problem when a "hero" like Mandela are going very well along with those statesmen. This logical problem is solved when one read propaganda from Afrikaans.

Ethnocentrism at its finest.

lol just saw your response, so I apoligise for the delay,

perhaps youre right, or perhaps I see it as a knock on effect that will filter through the continent, rather than the unrest that filters through africa now, the individual countries are irrellevant, could you see this happening in the US or Europe< I point blank refuse to pinpoint,target or blame any country in such in a dysfunctional continent, second only to the middle east, but less dangerous to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back