Votes: 21 35.6%
  • No I don't have deaf relaves.

Votes: 38 64.4%

• Total voters

Frisky Feline

Reaction score
Pardon me for misspelling as above in the poll. :P

Curious,

do you have any deaf relatives, such as parents, sisters, brothers or cousins or nephew or nieces, grandson or granddaughter and your children!

just vote and explain! thanks!

If you dont have any deaf relatives vote too!

explain on which relatives are you speaking of.

Twin brother. Same hearing loss. Genetic.

Pardon me for misspelling as above in the poll. :P

Curious,

do you have any deaf relatives, such as parents, sisters, brothers or cousins or nephew or nieces, grandson or granddaughter.

just vote and explain! thanks!

If you dont have any deaf relatives vote too!

explain on which relatives are you speaking of.

i love the gif in your signature.. haha

yes i do.. my grandpa has deaf cousins

You bet I do. My grandparents were deaf. My two children both have progressive hearing loss, although this is coming from their father's side.
And one hard of hearing granddaughter.

I could detail my husband's side, but as not blood relatives, I guess that would be irrelevant. :)

I do not have any deaf relatives.

I still attend to my friends who have deaf parents and hang out there for many hours!! LOL

They love telling stories or anything that relatives with deaf issues. I even met CI users of deaf parents too. Some of them don't sign but their siblings do sign therefore they do socialize with deaf people.

I have had several Deaf cousins on my father's side. One of them never went to school and we had to communicate home made sign language.

In spite of his lack of education, he had a steady job and got married to a hearing woman. They raised one or two kids and now he is retired. :shock:

I have had several Deaf cousins on my father's side. One of them never went to school and we had to communicate home made sign language.

In spite of his lack of education, he had a steady job and got married to a hearing woman. They raised one or two kids and now he is retired. :shock:

i had no idea you have deaf cousins. cool!

I have no deaf relatives though my dad has some hearing loss even though he won't admit it. He can't hear the higher pitched sounds as well as he used to.

Wow, that's incredible!

You bet I do. My grandparents were deaf. My two children both have progressive hearing loss, although this is coming from their father's side.
And one hard of hearing granddaughter.

I could detail my husband's side, but as not blood relatives, I guess that would be irrelevant. :)

did they know ASL or any sign languages?

I have no deaf relatives though my dad has some hearing loss even though he won't admit it. He can't hear the higher pitched sounds as well as he used to.

Oh right. I forget about that one. My dad just had hearing loss about couple of years ago. He still does not want to wear HA yet. He's 74.

Deaf son. Many deaf friends I consider family.

I consider deaf friends as my family too. Like i have deaf family here that my roots have been growing in here. That's what my deaf friends like to hear that because they grew up here, not me. lol

Also I forgot to mention something about my cousin that I talked about a few minutes ago.

He had to go to court for a fight in bar and his sister acted as her interpreter. The judge asked him what caused him to start a fight with three guys and he told him that they bullied him due to his deafness. My cousin got several witnesses to support him as these guys did not have any witnesses. He beat them easily and one of the guys got broken jaw. The judge got more curious about how my cousin beat them after reading the police report, so he asked him where he learned how to fight. My cousin replied that his priest taught him how to box and wrestle for many years.

Back