• No

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • I am not interest; why?

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zerodog

Reaction score
I want know if you already did submit FCC about VRS?

I am just curious if we have done or need more explain to clarify what VRS mean lot to us.

Do you understand what happen to VRS by FCC rate?

I may have repeat since I have talk several friends of mine; some they don't get it... So I am curious about Alldeaf.com

Want to add; it will not tell who vote on this one as not public view.

Well, Are you scared about Sorenson s report? Why do they force all deaf and hearing people to sign up petition to FCC. Bankrupt is not true. They still be greed about FCC rate cut. Sorenson is lying. They just took hundreds millions of dollars from wall street to pay their owners dividends (profits). They want more profits since hundreds of millions are not enough. They want to use the deaf community to fill their pockets.

Show me proof! This is totally false, Sorenson is NOT public company and they are 100% private company.

Well, Are you scared about Sorenson s report? Why do they force all deaf and hearing people to sign up petition to FCC. Bankrupt is not true. They still be greed about FCC rate cut. Sorenson is lying. They just took hundreds millions of dollars from wall street to pay their owners dividends (profits). They want more profits since hundreds of millions are not enough. They want to use the deaf community to fill their pockets.

Show me proof! This is totally false, Sorenson is NOT public company and they are 100% private company.

I know that you have worked for Sorenson. Sorenson's market is 80% They are too rich. I had worked for tech support in one week last five years ago till leaving in become installer from them last three years ago.

If FCC cut rate s approved, what are Sorenson doing with it? Cut deaf interpreters? Cut deaf employees?

What I heard is "Bankruptcy". That is what I heard from my boss. I never heard such like that since I work at Sorenson, first time!

45% cut is ALOT and it is too much for anyone to absorb overnight. We would understand if there are some cuts, or I would support cuts over time like maybe 5 year plan cuts then that would be ok but 45% cut in July 1st and on?

I know that you have worked for Sorenson. If FCC cut rate s approved, what are Sorenson doing with it? Cut deaf interpreters? Cut deaf employees?

What I heard is "Bankruptcy". That is what I heard from my boss. I never heard such like that since I work at Sorenson, first time!

45% cut is ALOT and it is too much for anyone to absorb overnight. We would understand if there are some cuts, or I would support cuts over time like maybe 5 year plan cuts then that would be ok but 45% cut in July 1st and on?

I dislike word "Bankruptcy" Almost deaf people have been scary of Sorenson and Purple s bankruptcy. I won't listen some rumors about it. I agree to follow FCC s rule. Sorenson is not fault. Some other VRS providers under Viable had stolen VRS minutes money.

Exactly, why punish those who were honest and rewards those who were dishonest? That is something I really don't understand.

Why punish company that worked so hard and reward those who is not working any harder?

It is like, well you worked so hard to improve and guess what? No bonus no reward for you. Will you be motivated to continue work harder, and expect nothing in return?

Finally why pay the smallest company $5.77 per minute, then pay more to medium sized company which is $6.03 per minute then large company almost half of what medium company gets? I would call it fair if FCC agrees to $6.03 per minute for smallest company, then $5.77 for medium then $5.25 for large company, then that would be more fair and sane, and that I can accept.

If we get go ahead what is it, next year, another 45% cut? That would mean less than 2 dollars per minute, would we want go that far? Just think about it.

I dislike word "Bankruptcy" Almost deaf people have been scary of Sorenson and Purple s bankruptcy. I won't listen some rumors about it. I agree to follow FCC s rule. Sorenson is not fault. Some other VRS providers under Viable had stolen VRS minutes money.

Exactly, why punish those who were honest and rewards those who were dishonest? That is something I really don't understand.

Why punish company that worked so hard and reward those who is not working any harder?

It is like, well you worked so hard to improve and guess what? No bonus no reward for you. Will you be motivated to continue work harder, and expect nothing in return?

Finally why pay the smallest company $5.77 per minute, then pay more to medium sized company which is $6.03 per minute then large company almost half of what medium company gets? I would call it fair if FCC agrees to $6.03 per minute for smallest company, then $5.77 for medium then $5.25 for large company, then that would be more fair and sane, and that I can accept.

If we get go ahead what is it, next year, another 45% cut? That would mean less than 2 dollars per minute, would we want go that far? Just think about it.

You are right. I think that you still fear for losing job. I m losing job from Purple. They no longer use independent contractors to work because they are punished to pay 18 millions dollars to FCC.

The FCC assures all VRS providers 11% profit plus 2% for future developments. Do you agree that?

2% future development? Are you kidding? Do you think improvements, and new product development is cheap?

Often it cost millions of dollars to develop first product and few thereafter before they get into full production. I had that experience before when working in new development a product. Nothing to do with VRS, it is a product for Deaf. The guy I work with gave up because it cost him hundred thousand dollars just to make a prototype with nothing in it for appearance purpose only. URGH! Quality control is not cheap too, also when starting a new product the risk usually high meaning the liablity insurance will be very high to begin with. I also used to work in manufacturing company that does things like new prototyping to limited mass production and I learn alot from them. It is not cheap as you think.

You are right. I think that you still fear for losing job. I m losing job from Purple. They no longer use independent contractors to work because they are punished to pay 18 millions dollars to FCC.

The FCC assures all VRS providers 11% profit plus 2% for future developments. Do you agree that?

2% future development? Are you kidding? Do you think improvements, and new product development is cheap?

Often it cost millions of dollars to develop first product and few thereafter before they get into full production. I had that experience before when working in new development a product. Nothing to do with VRS, it is a product for Deaf. The guy I work with gave up because it cost him hundred thousand dollars just to make a prototype with nothing in it for appearance purpose only. URGH! Quality control is not cheap too, also when starting a new product the risk usually high meaning the liablity insurance will be very high to begin with. I also used to work in manufacturing company that does things like new prototyping to limited mass production and I learn alot from them. It is not cheap as you think.

Some rumor said about 2% future development???

Sorenson will stop to make new products like VP300 and mobile VP if FCC cut rate approved. Right?

I do not know about VP-300 but if it does, then it is very possible that we will never see it.

Edit: Please understand that I work in Technical Support, my job is focus on fixing VP, not in production development. So that is why I have no idea what that department is up to.

Some rumor said about 2% future development???

Sorenson will stop to make new products like VP300 and mobile VP if FCC cut rate approved. Right?

VRS will Bankruptcy!

I spoke with my mother's grandma who works for account office.

I explained to him about this, he said 3.98 is not good news for VRS.

If sorenson Bankruptcy, then Purple will Bankruptcy because if sorenson gone then purple is the second major VRS and Purple will be suffering paid for 3.98 plus is not able to afford to re-payment for 18 millions dollars back to FCC. Chevy57, think about it.

Sorenson need 5.00 dollars or above that is able afford to pay, tech support, fhd, cir, manager, interpreter etc. same goes to purple and convorelay etc.

I think they should 1. 6.25 2. 5.75 3 5.25 I think this is reasonable.

1. 5

2. 6

3. 3

I think it is something fishy going on like Convo CO-founder he said it something wrong.

Chevy57, you think about it.

I do not know about VP-300 but if it does, then it is very possible that we will never see it.

Edit: Please understand that I work in Technical Support, my job is focus on fixing VP, not in production development. So that is why I have no idea what that department is up to.

Work at Salt Lake City HQ? other state?

VRS will Bankruptcy!

I spoke with my mother's grandma who works for account office.

I explained to him about this, he said 3.98 is not good news for VRS.

If sorenson Bankruptcy, then Purple will Bankruptcy because if sorenson gone then purple is the second major VRS and Purple will be suffering paid for 3.98 plus is not able to afford to re-payment for 18 millions dollars back to FCC. Chevy57, think about it.

Sorenson need 5.00 dollars or above that is able afford to pay, tech support, fhd, cir, manager, interpreter etc. same goes to purple and convorelay etc.

I think they should 1. 6.25 2. 5.75 3 5.25 I think this is reasonable.

1. 5

2. 6

3. 3

I think it is something fishy going on like Convo CO-founder he said it something wrong.

Chevy57, you think about it.

Yes, but FCC have paid VRS minutes only. No funds for deaf employees.

FCC's new rules on May 7, 2010.
Under the new rules, VRS calls made by or to a VRS provider’s employee, or the employee of a provider’s subcontractor, are not eligible for compensation from the TRS fund.

http://deaftimes.com/usa-l/neca-washington-watch-4/

Back