New hearing trying to learn anyone?!?

Dh_spinner

Reaction score
Hi my name is Amelia. I am 16 years old for Alabama. I am not deaf at all and am fully hearing. I would like to kind someone around my age younger than 23 atleast to become friends and help me learn to sign. I want to go into a career of this but my school here does not offer any classes. Please help. I do have Skype to video chat so I can see. Thanks!

Its past your bed time kido........(drags cigarette, exhales)

Hi! I am a hearing girl looking for someone to speak asl with as I have a feeling I will need it later on in life, I used it in my job, (being the only person who could serve a deaf person who came in to work) and I know I will use it in my future.

...........wrong language sugar.........and you don't speak ASL............no one does. take a peak down auslan way.........(sips fine drink, lights fine cigarette, drags breaths deep, licks the tip of the lip, exhales)

Welcome
look for classes in your community. a great site that i use is lifeprint.com...bill vicars has videos of his class room that are great way to start out.

Hi Amelia!

I know you said you were mainly looking for new friends your age and I am 45 years old, but I was curious, I am from Alabama also. What part are you from.

Lifeprint.com is an awesome site to help one learn ASL.

Steve

Painted Hand Puppets » B-Inspired Mama

Maybe they use their hands to speak this way.

That is not the way to have painted hand puppets where there were no signing from that.

We were talking about signing ASL. I know what you mean when ASL is not talking but still it is like talking with your hands gestures into ASL. So that could be right when she or he is talking in ASL. I love to sign and very happy to be a ASL signer for many years since I graduated from high school back in the late 1960.

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum, Dh_spinner. I hope you enjoy reading and posting here. See you around here. :wave:

Back