What do you like using most: TTY, VRS, IP Relay, TRS, VCO, ZVRS, ACCESS, SMS

Sloan

Reaction score
Quick question to the community:

What technology do you life using most & why?

SMS/Messanger
TTY
IP Relay
TRS
VRS
Access
ZVRS
VCO

Sloan,

If the ACCESS you are referring to is the ACCESS software from NexTalk, it includes almost all those options you identified. When a person subscribes to ACCESS, they get 9 communication options:

Video Remote Interpreting
Video Phone
VRS
TRS
TTY (incoming and outgoing)
IP Relay
VCO
HCO
Chat
Messaging
Incoming faxes

Additionally, The NexTalk software can be loaded on any windows computer, laptop or tablet. Our mobile versions (iOS and Android) will be available in November. The ACCESS program is part of the ACCESS platform, a Communications Platform designed specifically for the deaf and hard of hearing...and those who communicate with them.

So If you choose ACCESS, you get many communication options in one program.

Last edited:
Why do you want to know ????

I was recently inspired by a Forbes article about ground breaking technologies for the deaf and I became very interested in deaf tech. I then searched online most of the content is pretty old and out dated.

There didn't seem to be any comprehensive guide, no slide-share, no infographics, etc... I am also a writer, so I want to know personally and I am also thinking about writing an article about it.

Overall, I want to make sure that I can provide some value and I want to research and write about topics that the community is most interested in. I have a tech background and I think its a fit

I prefer TTY because I am an old woman and still like to keep in touch either Deaf person or relay call to hearing person (nice to relay to the relay operator as a third person). Not too bad. I am used to it for many years. I have not use video phone and almost d/Deaf people have encourage me to use video phone to chat and to relay to the operator to talk with hearing people for business and maybe personal (I have not done that at all). It is a little bit hard to change to more advanced technologies. **sigh**

What is everyone's experience with Contacting Local Businesses?

I have friends who complain about all of the annoying factors like being on hold, getting call backs, having to explain your situation over and over again and having to make multiple phone calls to find the right business.

What is everyone's experience with Contacting Local Businesses?

I have friends who complain about all of the annoying factors like being on hold, getting call backs, having to explain your situation over and over again and having to make multiple phone calls to find the right business.

I hate those stupid, "press 1 for ______, press 2 for _________, press 3 for..." messages. They're bad no matter which service you use to call them with.

I hate making phone calls period. With businesses its worst because often times you have to make multiple calls, being on hold, call backs, etc...

no matter what method I use- even VRS with vco... I hate phone calls. I prefer texting or email.

I hate using the phone period...I especially hate when I get this machine talking to me and I just want to scream "Get me a person!!"

Laura

Back