New White House receptionist is a Deaf woman

Saw it elsewhere......quite an honor and she's very bright. Have seen her name over the years on other sites...

Saw this too either on FB or while browsing another site. Thought it was awesome and I hope she has many years there.

She has an interpreter that tell her when the phone is ringing , I wonder why she does not a flashing light for this.

She has an interpreter that tell her when the phone is ringing , I wonder why she does not a flashing light for this.

Since she has an interpreter therefore it has lot of calls which is better than having light flashes too often. I had a personal interpreter and I didn't need it because of lots of calls that can be annoying if it were the light flashes too frequent.

Anyway that's great for her. Hope there will be more Deaf people who work there than years ago.

The White House staff is huge. Political connections really need to work there.

Since she has an interpreter therefore it has lot of calls which is better than having light flashes too often. I had a personal interpreter and I didn't need it because of lots of calls that can be annoying if it were the light flashes too frequent.

Anyway that's great for her. Hope there will be more Deaf people who work there than years ago.

OK ! I was wondering why , that made sense yeah it could be hard having the phone flashing all the time. Yes it's great your her and about time too !

Mod note:

Threads merged.

Back