Texas inmate awaiting last-minute stay of execution seeks DNA test

I think that instead of giving them the death penalty, we lock them up in total solitary with NO chance of parole. I have a few reasons why I don't approve of the execution of prisoners...
1. It actually costs more to execute than to keep in prison (look it up, it's true I did a paper on the death penalty and a mock trial)
2. If given the choice, most prisoners would CHOSE death over total solitary confinement... they thing death is the lesser punishment. SO why not put them in total solitary and have them be alone with their evil deeds the rest of their lives?

the only thing the death penalty solves is that they can't parole a dead man "on good behavior"... but if we KEEP the prisoners locked away, no matter what, total solitary is the better way to go

oh and 3. No one but God has the right to say who lives or dies...

God also said no one has the right to judge except for Him.

Thought-provoking, eh?

Yeah but it was freaking CODINE!!!!! Not meth or anything (and when I saw his picture he SO looked like a tweaker)
But I'm with souggy and jillo. I do think that if someone is 100% guilty that we SHOULD execute them, especially if it was a very henious crime.
Yes, people can be rehabbed but on the other hand, there are people who are such major sociopaths that they can't be rehabbed at all......

I've never made a stance.

It was a post made out of apathy.

The only thing between him and the injection booth is that DNA test.

I couldn't find any updates. Any news?

I agree with Jillio on this issue the only time the death penalty should be used is when there is absolutely NO DOUBT at all that the person did the crime. The only way to have absolutely NO DOUBT at all is through DNA. If there is no DNA evidence then lock them up and throw away the key, simple as that.

I disagree and will not support doing this. Never know if he is really innocent. If he is innocent and excuted then these people of that state is MURDER. No question!

Maybe she means to "fry" him after the DNA maintains his guilt.

BUT BUT depending on the nature of the crime scene, a DNA test may or may not be a significant factor to indicate the crime was committed by the said offender...

I wholehearty agreed with you.

I no longer support death penalty. Too many flaws and too costly and easy way for criminals to get away.

BUT BUT depending on the nature of the crime scene, a DNA test may or may not be a significant factor to indicate the crime was committed by the said offender...

But, but, but if the DNA results DO NOT exonerate him, what is left is to carry out what current law says.

That's what I was thinking, such as in a sniper shooting where the shooter and victim are not in contact with each other.

Complete solitary confinement is best way to go.

That's fine, DHB but it is your opinion. I was just stating what the law is. I don't feel real strongly one way or another but the law's the law until it gets modified.

Execution still equals murder

Here is another reason why we should never execute convicts.

Compensating the Wrongfully-Convicted - Rochester, News, Weather, Sports, and Events - 13WHAM.com

This is well known news in my area. What happen was he did admitted that he murder a child, later found out the truth is that Christie is the one that did murder that child.

Regardless a person admit or not, Capital punishment should never happen. This is my whole point. What I believe the reason that this wrongly accused admitted is due to pressure from police to get him admit. I believe often one would admit just to shut the fuck police mouth up and get sleep. Supposed we did execute Frank Sterling only to find out Christie is the truly guilty one. What does this make State of New York like? A MURDER, PERIOD!

Oh, and just to clarify, I think that the death penalty should be an OPTION. It should be like abortion: legal and rare. I think we need to have it as an option, but NOT use it often. Just as an option in VERY henious crimes.
Like serial killers, or that case in Austria where the father locked the daughter up and raped her, or the Karla Holmolka case. There ARE very dangerous sociopaths who cannot ever be rehabbed, and who just sit in a jail cell forever.

Wirelessly posted

How do you know they cannot be rehabbed?

Is it a fact, a proven hypothesis or an opinion?

A proben hypothesis can be proven wrong eventually, but there's nothing about them that make them "laws"-- that's why they're not facts.

An opinion is biased.

Wirelessly posted

How do you know they cannot be rehabbed?

Is it a fact, a proven hypothesis or an opinion?

A proben hypothesis can be proven wrong eventually, but there's nothing about them that make them "laws"-- that's why they're not facts.

An opinion is biased.

That is why most of those on Death Row are black.

Back