Who else is HoH? I want to talk to you

TrippyMoods22

Reaction score
I'm tired of feeling isolated within the Hearing community. It isn't easy to make ends meet, when the other end is unwilling to clarify/modify their communication. I frequently feel lonely, frustrated, sad, or apathetic. I'd love to meet somebody who shares my struggles, and understands that bridging the gap is important. Having two jobs makes it even harder to make time for oneself. I'd like it if my off time could be spent with one whom i have much in common with, to accompany the differences. Hope to chat soon! :3

Are we going to have a war between Hard Of Hearing and Deaf communities? :hmm: Just a thought.

What is wrong on having both hard of hearing and d/Deaf????

AG Bell was Alexander Graham Bell who invented the telephone and he was the one who wanted to have hard of hearing and d/Deaf people to be like hearing people. We were forced to lipread and speak oral only. We had to suffered the abuse from the AG Bell Foundation like going into mainstream school with no accommodations, not even ASL lessons and ASL interpreters in the old days. :(

Are we going to have a war between Hard Of Hearing and Deaf communities? :hmm: Just a thought.

AG Bell was Alexander Graham Bell who invented the telephone and he was the one who wanted to have hard of hearing and d/Deaf people to be like hearing people. We were forced to lipread and speak oral only. We had to suffered the abuse from the AG Bell Foundation like going into mainstream school with no accommodations, not even ASL lessons and ASL interpreters in the old days. :(

My generation has it pretty hard economy wise but your generation had it really hard. It was like people really fears the unknown or unfamiliar.

Sent from my SM-T520 using AllDeaf App mobile app

:wave:Bebonang I do see what you're saying in that post before princess's

Hello...I am deaf but was raised orally and can speak good making people treat me like I am hearing which is so frustrating. Also, in the Deaf community, they have a hard time believing that I have a severe profound deafness in both ears since birth because of how well I speak.

I cant win but I have friends in both world although more in the Deaf world than the hearing world. I was out of the hearing world for 15 years and just got back to it last fall with my new job and wow, things definitely havent changed!

yeah i have a golden tongue too...smooth signs, golden tongue....
Thats me,.
Voice.off for 20 years....why bother i thought...after al sign.set me.......
Refer to sig...

Hello...I am deaf but was raised orally and can speak good making people treat me like I am hearing which is so frustrating. Also, in the Deaf community, they have a hard time believing that I have a severe profound deafness in both ears since birth because of how well I speak.

I cant win but I have friends in both world although more in the Deaf world than the hearing world. I was out of the hearing world for 15 years and just got back to it last fall with my new job and wow, things definitely havent changed!

I went to Mass Rehab in the last 60's and had to see their doctor to prove
I was 'HOH" . The first thing the doctor said to me was "You're NOT deaf!"
I told the doctor " I NEVER said I was deaf my counselor DID!"
People kept calling me 'deaf' and that meant you could not hear at all so people would not even try to talk to me and if they did in would be monotone voice. I used COA to help get to an appointment about 2 years ago and I took into the person car and he said nothing to me. I finally started talking to the guy and he said " He did not know if could hear or not b/c he was told
I was 'deaf'" I wish people would realize I am HOH and not deaf , this made it harder for me. I never had any friend that was deaf or hoh it would had been , but there was only one girl in school hoh and we did not like one another and my dad forbid to go to her house .

Big hello to all the new posters, and the old alike! :)

On a less happy note; @whatdidyousay!, i can relate to some of that. Nobody speaks to me at my afternoon job bc they don't want to have to work hard; yet it's really not that hard to communicate with others. Both sides must be patient, or there will be no successful communication. (I know there are exceptions to just about every rule, but i'm very persistent when it comes to communication).

Friends aren't easy to make in the hearing world, when one is D/deaf/HoH. And there will always be ignorance; when one's head is buried deep enough in the sand, it ain't coming out. Just gotta stay strong and keep it moving. :)

AG Bell was astonishingly ignorant in that regard. -___-

AG Bell was astonishingly ignorant in that regard. -___-

People very ignorant when I got my first hearing aid when I was 8 yo in 1954 , I only got one hearing aid. When kids got new eyeglasses it was not only for one eye it was for both eyes. I know some people can't wear HA in both ears but I could . So you better believe it AG Bell who was born in 1847 would be ignorant about this too. There will always be some people ignorant about deaf and hoh people .

Nobody speaks to me at my afternoon job bc they don't want to have to work hard; yet it's really not that hard to communicate with others. Both sides must be patient, or there will be no successful communication.

That's exactly my thought, I believe deafness can be greatly coped with when the people we are with are able to understand and treat us right; it's the stupid and ignorant ones that kind of kill me, and it is a struggle being there with them and all of their babbling, and feeling, well, disabled (because that's what I am, after all...)

@Napolicapitale, will you explain your signature to me? It intrigues me.
@Whatdidyousay, that's true. :/ I don't like it, but it's true nonetheless.

Back