Dome Stadiums. Who likes them and who doesn't?

Well it looks gross watching Baseball on TV with all those empty seats. I remember back in early 80s and beyond that home games were not allowed on local TV that includes NBA and the NHL. You might remember if you lived in DC areas and if the Caps or the Bullets playing at home you will not see the Bullets on CBS or the Caps on ESPN. And remember NBC game of the week on Baseball? You could not see your home team on TV. Now you see all these home games televised and in some sports you see empty seats because people are at home watching on TV.

so? time is changing. simple - charge higher for broadcast rights with the networks. add more cool tv features. they should follow what yankees did.... get your own tv channel - YES Network in partnership with Fox. oh and buy some better players :lol:

radio shack just got bankrupted and probably will be gone forever because people prefer to order stuff online. does that mean we should create a federal law to prohibit amazon to stop selling what radio shack is selling? :roll:

the AZ Cardinals games were blacked out for the WHOLE Phx region whenever they didn't have a sell out game during their first 10 years after moving to Phx so that was EVERY game! LOL

so? time is changing. simple - charge higher for broadcast rights with the networks. add more cool tv features. they should follow what yankees did.... get your own tv channel - YES Network in partnership with Fox. oh and buy some better players :lol:

radio shack just got bankrupted and probably will be gone forever because people prefer to order stuff online. does that mean we should create a federal law to prohibit amazon to stop selling what radio shack is selling? :roll:

Yes.The Reason why people shop online is to avoid paying sales taxes!

the AZ Cardinals games were blacked out for the WHOLE Phx region whenever they didn't have a sell out game during their first 10 years after moving to Phx so that was EVERY game! LOL

And building that dome stadium made all the difference.

Yes.The Reason why people shop online is to avoid paying sales taxes!

it's actually taxed depending on where you live. amazon is 50/50 taxed. sometimes I get taxed... sometimes not. newegg is taxed here.

people shop online because it's cheaper and it's easier since you don't have to get out and deal with traffic/parking/etc.

Plus dome stadiums are confortable to sit. You just take off your jacket put away the umbrella and enjoy the game.

The only dome stadium i been to was this one
marlins_top.jpg

I loved it! No Rain. No heat

The National Football League is dropping its blackout rule for the 2015 season.

The rule prevents games from being broadcast in a team's home market if the tickets aren't sold out. It's been around since the 1950s, when NFL games were first televised.

Roughly one game out of ten was blacked out under the rule as recently as 2004, and in 1996 it was one out of three games.

But there were no games blacked out last season, according to the NFL, and only two games were blacked out during the 2013 season.

The league said that the clubs voted to suspend the rule, and that it will evaluate the impact of that after this upcoming season.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/03/23/media/nfl-blackout-rule/index.html

THANK GOD! Now i don't have to go to the Stadium when the weatherman says its gonna rain or snow.

I like the open element showing pure talent against mother natures obstacles. Whatever weather/conditions.

The fan is paying for live view to breathe the moment and feel the elements the players are feeling at the time. Its taking watching the game one level up. Its exhilarating.

Controlled environment....eh no extra challenges. Just comfortable.

Its already happening in Baseball. Look at The A's,Twins,Indians,Rays,Astros and Marlins attendance.
Low attendance in baseball has been happening for years whether or not there's blackouts. Same with hockey(especially in the southern states).

Back in early to mid 70s tickets were so hard to get to see Cubs,Mets, Yankees,Dodgers and Orioles games when you couldn't watch them on TV at Home

Its already happening in Baseball. Look at The A's,Twins,Indians,Rays,Astros and Marlins attendance.

OMG. Dont get me started with baseball. How many freaking games are there in a season! If they had way less games like football they will have more full houses.

Reduce games to like 140 or something. 162 games is alot for fans to pick and choose. But it wont happen. They still rake in $ each game.

Back