Los Cruces

I give anything ride pillion on bike like that

That looks like Pinnacle Peak park in Tempe. Am I correct?

I know it was south of Tucson. I was on I 10 heading East from 17 south.

My Uncle is an Arizona Ranger and his "home base" is the Grand Canyon Harley Davidson in Mayer.

Here are a few more:

Texas

Texas (see the windmill farm?)

Riding off into the sunset

Los Cruces

Los Cruces from atop the hill at 3 a.m.

I also accidentally ended up in Mexico when I made a wrong turn off an exit in El Paso, TX.

Fortunately for me the BP let me back in. The only picture I got was a copy from all those cameras they put on the highway - here is the BP flagging me down:

;)

How long of a trip was this, Steiny?

Sorry, I may have misunderstood what you were asking. It was 1,851 miles one way. 3,702 miles total. The trip took 6 days - but I took one day off from driving. So it was 5 days of driving, total.

Las Cruces was one of my stop during the night on my several trips between here and Houston. Nice city and places right by I-10. :)

:lol:...after all these years....Caz is from England....

I 'suspected" caz was, but wasn't sure.

But .. caz, the offer is open. If you can fly here you can ride pillion. I would love to show you America. Just be forewarned I will be traveling with a buddy that is in the Army - we are rowdy rednecks (not really ... ). There will be stops along the way in National Parks - we plan to "iron butt" this trip.

Did you wear motorcycle helmet when you were in AZ?

I always wear a full face helmet. Always.

Once you have been hit in the eyeball by a wasp at 80 mph, you tend to think twice about that ever happening again :)

Oh ... and I had a buddy that wore a half helmet, and a bee got stuck between his helmet and his head .. and it found his ear canal. It crawled into his ear canal and bout stung his brain.

No sir!!! Not me ... I will always wear a full face helmet.

These are the bugs from 3 different States (and Mexico).

Wanna bet they will never have the guts to do that again?

You know, I just found out about Mark yesterday. What is really strange, is that several of the deaf people at the wedding I attended on the 14th, were talking about someone who perished in a housefire. I had no idea. Not until I got back. I was even thinking about posting these pictures so mark could see them :( then I found out.

makes me so sad.

now I am thinking ... during the coast to coast trip - I need to take some pictures of trains in the "Old West" to honor him somehow.

Great trip. Been on some of those roads a number of times. The desert is a lot more awesome at 3am than it is at 3pm in the summer. It is extremely hot. .It took about 6 hours to drive from N Arizona to Palm Springs. There were no resource. It was a few more hours to LA. By comparison, the trip from S. AZ into Southern California south of SanDiego is much faster. Even then the desert in S.AZ and C.CA are brutal hot in the summer, but not quite so warm in January. .

The only time the desert air is somewhat cool is well after 12 am mid-night and before 6am. Denny's at Winslow, AZ has amazing food and service.

Back