Los Cruces

Steinhauer

Reaction score

Took my bike from Atlanta to Phoenix and back.

I stayed with a friend in Arizona. She was the first female champion drag racer. Now she is a grandmother. Still rides though.

I have more pictures, need a break - made it back home early this morning.

How long of a trip was this, Steiny?

I left last Wednesday and arrived 2 a.m. this morning. I attended a friend's wedding in Phoenix, stayed with a friend that night, and headed back Sunday.

My personal favorite - the Continental Divide

using an old school Goldwing too :) She got me there and back home

Tousi, I am planning a coast to coast trip this summer honoring my wife's grandfather. Are you along the way? I plan on taking the southern route from Orlando to San Diego and back.

Tousi, I am planning a coast to coast trip this summer honoring my wife's grandfather. Are you along the way? I plan on taking the southern route from Orlando to San Diego and back.

We are normally gone pretty much all of July and about 7 days into August every year and this year is no exception. When will you be in the vicinity?

We are normally gone pretty much all of July and about 7 days into August every year and this year is no exception. When will you be in the vicinity?

We were planning the month of July ... but .. after evaluating the Desert climate - I don't think July is the best month to make the trip (dust storms, monsoon season). I certainly would not want my, or my friend's motor overheating in the desert. His is air cooled, I have a radiator,.

The friend I stayed with in Arizona was quite a biker back in her day:

Love the pics. My dad, who lives in northern AZ, takes trips with his bike. He always posts beautiful pics of his trips on his FB. Growing up, I rode on my dad's motorcycle in the desert. One time he became reckless and went over some hills at a high speed with me in the back and I fell off and landed on my back on the hard desert rocks. I was wearing a swimsuit so yep, it was painful but good times.

Back