Dome Stadiums. Who likes them and who doesn't?

The Joker

Reaction score
I like them. Cause it kinda changes the weather then open air stadiums. For example i hate rain and cold and too hot weather. I think other sports should build retractable roof domed stadiums. Like Horse Racing. And Auto Racing for example. But Golf? It will never happen. Don't even think about building a huge dome for golf

ImageUploadedByAllDeaf1424046905.909374.jpg

Do you need it? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Open dome is a challenge for those players how the game is played in the elements. I also like the fresh air coming outside with the winds. If you don't like the rain or hot/cold, there is TV at home to watch the game on. ;)

Open dome is a challenge for those players how the game is played in the elements. I also like the fresh air coming outside with the winds. If you don't like the rain or hot/cold, there is TV at home to watch the game on. ;)

Not in the NFL. They have a blackout rule

as stadiums like that have rugby footy or other equally boring things going on it hard to say but did enjoy sitting in Olympic stadium..i saw cirque soli in dome stadium not good

We had a closed dome stadium for the Minnesota Vikings. It was torn down late last year, and a new one is being built. It will be an open dome. I'm not sure what I think of it given that during our winters here, we have temps anywhere from -20 to +30, so ....

Yeah but ill bet you Vikings will start being blacked out on Local TV around december. If you want to watch vikings better drive to a motel in Green Bay then you can watch em on TV

The blackouts will occur within 50-75 miles from the city if the game is not sold out, outside that range there is no blackouts.

Yeah but ill bet you Vikings will start being blacked out on Local TV around december. If you want to watch vikings better drive to a motel in Green Bay then you can watch em on TV

The AZ Cardinals stadium has a retractable roof.

The AZ Cardinals stadium has a retractable roof.

Yeah do you remember the cards used to play at Sun Devil Stadium? look at the empty seats
roy-green.jpg

Its too hot to watch a football game in Phoenix

well then don't watch a football game in Phoenix ;)

I don't think it matters what kind of weather-- it all comes out the same. Freezing cold weather I don't think I could sit through... then there's the ice balls from decades ago from the lovely Eagles fans (I remember it well seeing it in the local news...).

well then don't watch a football game in Phoenix ;)

I don't think it matters what kind of weather-- it all comes out the same. Freezing cold weather I don't think I could sit through... then there's the ice balls from decades ago from the lovely Eagles fans (I remember it well seeing it in the local news...).

Cardinals play in a dome now.Every game is a sellout. That makes all the difference.

Domes

I like the idea of open/closed stadiums should a team be playing their games in extreme weather conditions. At least the fans can watch the games and avoid any cancellations. Toronto Blue Jays Sky Dome is ideal.... however bring on the weather conditions with open stadiums....used to enjoy the Steelers take on the Oilers in the late 70s where you can see the snow on and off the field....makes the game fun to watch:shock:

I like the stadium in Miami where the Marlins play. If it rains close the roof. If its too hot close the roof.

The blackouts will occur within 50-75 miles from the city if the game is not sold out, outside that range there is no blackouts.

wow I didn't know they do that.

why motel? just stay home and watch.

Yeah do you remember the cards used to play at Sun Devil Stadium? look at the empty seats
roy-green.jpg

Its too hot to watch a football game in Phoenix

I was a student at Arizona State University at the time and even at the time when the first Super Bowl was played in Phx.

wow I didn't know they do that.

why motel? just stay home and watch.

I agree, why need motel if there is a bar or restaurants in other town that have TV to watch sports?

Back