latest tech?

Wynonna

Reaction score
So what is the most recent bit of technology intended to make life easier for the deaf community? (Note, I said INTENDED)

I need something to do power point presentation on for ASL class. Given that I have a background in electronic media, I wanted to do something technology related.
About this Roger Voice thing, I just found a reason to want / need an I-phone!
I'm hard of hearing, especially in the bass frequencies. My girlfriend has a deep voice (smoker) and I miss about half of everything she says.

Is there anyway to hook your cell phone up to a bed shaker or light flasher? Where I live there is no land line near here.

Note, Listen for Deaf iOS app at $3.99. A handy application with speech to text translation for deaf people, allowing a deaf person to write a note for a hearing person. This note will be displayed in large type and will be clearly visible on the device screen. This application allows a deaf person to talk with a hearing person, passing the phone to each other.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/note-listen-for-deaf/id660131784?mt=8

Wynonna, may try it.

Lights? Phillips HUE will take care for you, its newest technology that just coming out, and it looks like Deaf friendly, can be used with anything like wake up alarm, cooking alarm, phone ringing, and so on.

As for vibrators, not likely going to happen but MAYBE.

Is there anyway to hook your cell phone up to a bed shaker or light flasher? Where I live there is no land line near here.

Baldgorilla I would think that you could get vibration by putting the cell phone beside one of the alerting signalers that responds to sound and is already on the market. I have done something similar to flash a light when my front doorbell is rung.

do you mean me ? No ,I do not , I am not good at keeping up with all the new tech coming out. I am stilling learning new things about my computer .

My post was intended for original poster. I am surprised that you didn't know about SVRS because you are very active on AllDeaf. Here is info about SVRS: http://www.sorensonvrs.com/ntouchvp_product It has a huge impact on my life because I get to call doctors and pharmacists on my own. My family don't have to make calls for me anymore.

Jane B. I have one on my alarm clock. The bad part is everything sets it off. A storm, the cat, the dogs. and so forth. I got one of my dogs trained to come and get me when someone pulls up or knocks on the door. I am looking for something that will hook up to the alarm clock. It has a phone jack for it but they do not make it to hook up to the cell phone. They are making hearing aids with Bluetooth now days.

My post was intended for original poster. I am surprised that you didn't know about SVRS because you are very active on AllDeaf. Here is info about SVRS: http://www.sorensonvrs.com/ntouchvp_product It has a huge impact on my life because I get to call doctors and pharmacists on my own. My family don't have to make calls for me anymore.

She doesn't know sign language in any form so any VRS isn't going to do her any good.

She doesn't know sign language in any form so any VRS isn't going to do her any good.

If you're talking about me I do know some sign language , I just have no one use it with . I took classes in California .

If you're talking about me I do know some sign language , I just have no one use it with . I took classes in California .

I know but not enough to use the VRS system we were just talking about, right?

Back