discrimination?

hencm08

Reaction score
So I want to be able to turn up my TV in my apartment where Ican hear it. My landlord says iIam not allowed to because it will bother other neighbors. If iI have it at a volume that the neighbors want it at Iccan't hear it. What do I do?

Use captioning. Of course you have to have consideration for your neighbors and can't be a nuisance.

If you need to do things like a hearing person at loud volume, you should consider getting a single family property where neighbors can't be bothered by your noise.

Nope, it is not discrimination. There are many local laws that prohibit excessive noises, your just SOL, nothing to do with discrimination.

It is all about respect others especially your neighbors and if you don't, your neighbor will find way to screw you regardless, just like that guy Michael Dunn in Florida who just received life sentence without possibility of parole for shooting at SUV, killed a teenager just because they refused to turn the loud music down.

Use captioning. Of course you have to have consideration for your neighbors and can't be a nuisance.

If you need to do things like a hearing person at loud volume, you should consider getting a single family property where neighbors can't be bothered by your noise.

I had hearing neighbors that were not considered of other people in my building , they would slam the door and run upstairs two steps at a time . Not everyone can afford to buy a house or is able to take care of it.

I had hearing neighbors that were not considered of other people in my building , they would slam the door and run upstairs two steps at a time . Not everyone can afford to buy a house or is able to take care of it.

Then if they can't they will need to adjust their behavior. Just like Diehardbiker said, those types of rules are everywhere.

So I have to put up with the loud vibrations from them running around and slamming doors but can't have my TV up just a Lil louder than them.

I don't discriminate, I hate everyone equally :mad2:

Nope, it is not discrimination. There are many local laws that prohibit excessive noises, your just SOL, nothing to do with discrimination.

It is all about respect others especially your neighbors and if you don't, your neighbor will find way to screw you regardless, just like that guy Michael Dunn in Florida who just received life sentence without possibility of parole for shooting at SUV, killed a teenager just because they refused to turn the loud music down.

A Life sentence PLUS 90 years for Dunn....

Yeah, whats difference between life sentence without possibility of parole, and 90 years sentence? Mr. Dunn is 47 years old, I don't think he would live long enough for both. Pointless, really.

I think Jury did their job serve the justice! I think it is fair because Dunn emptied his gun, then left premise and got home walk with dog, then order pizza and watch TV then go bed. What kind of creep is he? I don't see self defense in it at all.

A Life sentence PLUS 90 years for Dunn....

http://www.noisehelp.com/noise-pollution-laws.html

The OP needs to look up what the law in her city or state is on sound pollution. . When anyone new move in my building and get settle down , I ask if my TV is too loud for them and I will let a person know if they're jumping around too much over my head. I think by me asking my neighbors if my TV is bothering them they know I am not trying to be rude by having it on loud . I am told it's NOT too loud , I can't tell b/c I can't hear it with my HA off.

captioning.Don't know how bad hearing is but you can get things called listeners I don't know much about them..if you hearing them run upstairs and vibrations then other people will as well ask others

Then if they can't they will need to adjust their behavior. Just like Diehardbiker said, those types of rules are everywhere.

I am not able to get the phone of my trustee , she rent out the unit over mine . Her phone is unlisted and the condo manger refuse to give it to me. So I have to call my condo manger and have them talk to the trustee and I hate having people speaking on my behave. The owners should have their trustee's phone # , we did with the last company that manger our condo.
I was able to get rid of the tenant who's son kept dropping his lite cig butts onto my wooden deck . I am sure my trustee did not like that but I could give a crap .

So I want to be able to turn up my TV in my apartment where Ican hear it. My landlord says iIam not allowed to because it will bother other neighbors. If iI have it at a volume that the neighbors want it at Iccan't hear it. What do I do?
If you are a hearing tenant, how would you feel? Pissed off, right? That's why there's a policy. You lose, period. If you disobey it, you will be definitely kicked out. GET A NEW HEARING AID!

Try to watch TV when no else is home, if are on second floor trying putting a heavy rug under your TV seat

http://blog.multihousingnews.com/wh.../what-to-do-when-you-can-hear-your-neighbors/

here are some ways some to keep sounds out of an apartment , I would think it would help made your TV less noisy . Your hearing neighbors has rights too and you do not want to made it hard for another tenant who could be deaf or hoh tying to move it.

I'm guessing you wear a hearing aid. All you need is an FM system that can plug into the headphone jack of the TV and direct the sound to your hearing aid. This way, the only person who hears the TV is you. Talk to your audiologist about it.

Using captions with the FM system is also a good idea.

Back