HA purchase help...

crucking_fazy

Reaction score
I have an old Oticon BTE HA which is on its last breath and getting tired of having it rebuilt every year. I'm thinking of getting the Oticon Sumo DM but I do not have the money in hand. I collect SSD and get medical assistance, plus medicare. Can medical assistance help pay for my HA? Or is there any programs such OVR or?? that can help me get a new HA? I heard about these programs but can't find them. If I have to, I will consider getting a loan to pay for my HA. Does anyone know who specializes in HA loans? I have profound hearing loss and need the powerful HA's to help me hear. I'm not interested in CI for now. Thanks.

vocational rehab. will generally pay for hearing aids. Check and see if your medical assistance will help cover the costs. I don't think Medicare covers hearing aids, but I'm not entirely too sure on that. I think there's also another program that helps with hearing aids, but I can't remember what it's called. I have a friend that used this program to get new hearing aids a couple years back.

well guess what? the Nadia (Phonak) is on the market
if you want a Sumo DM, U can look it up on ebay :)

yeah there are newer hearing aids available that could be better than the Sumo, but it's totally up to you on what you want to get.

Hahaha crucking fazy

good one.

vocational rehab. will generally pay for hearing aids. Check and see if your medical assistance will help cover the costs. I don't think Medicare covers hearing aids, but I'm not entirely too sure on that. I think there's also another program that helps with hearing aids, but I can't remember what it's called. I have a friend that used this program to get new hearing aids a couple years back.

vocational rehab. will only help pay for HA in my state if you're going to school or working. They got me one when I was going to college.

vocational rehab. will only help pay for HA in my state if you're going to school or working. They got me one when I was going to college.

voc rehab refused to pay for my HA's because I already had a job...

Back