Death by Skateboarding

Wokamuka

Reaction score
His grandfather is Deaf . . .

The Register-Herald, Beckley, West Virginia - 12-year-old skateboarder hit by police cruiser, killed
Published: March 22, 2008 08:47 pm
12-year-old skateboarder hit by police cruiser, killed
By Amelia A. Pridemore
Register-Herald reporter

A 12-year-old boy skateboarding on Robert C. Byrd Drive was struck by a State Police cruiser and killed early Saturday, authorities said.

Curtis Dwayne Webb, 12, of 151 Dickenson Ave., Beckley, was struck around 12:05 a.m. on Byrd Drive in Crab Orchard, according to State Police 1st Sgt. D.L. Bowles.

The southbound cruiser was driven by Trooper H.D. Stone, Bowles said. The preliminary investigation indicates the boy was riding the skateboard in the roadway.

State Police Capt. S.F. Van Meter said Stone did not see the boy. Stone has been given time off to deal with what has happened.

“The whole thing is just a tragedy,” Van Meter said.

Sgt. T.L. Williams is the investigating officer, Bowles said.

Ouch, struck by a police cruiser geez! I wonder what he was doing at 12 AM and he's only 12 years old. He should be at home!

I agreed that he was too young to go out at 12 am! I would not let my kid go out till he is way old enough!

Sad though!

Ouch, struck by a police cruiser geez! I wonder what he was doing at 12 AM and he's only 12 years old. He should be at home!

I agreed that he was too young to go out at 12 am! I would not let my kid go out till he is way old enough!

Sad though!

Yeah, maybe he escaped his home because his grandfather is deaf and didn't hear him leaving the house?

wow how sad
what the hell is he doing up in middle of night but it is really tragedy sighs

Why would even an adult be skateboarding at this hour of the night?

I totally agree that NOBODY should be out skate boarding at that time of night, particularly in the road!

Personally, skate boarders scare me! I have a very poor balance and I live in fear of one of these board heads knocking me over when I am out shopping. These kids are EVERYWHERE! We have a huge skate park here in town, there should be a law to keep the kids there and not in the shopping malls.

Back