Give me a job!

deafbajagal

Reaction score
My teaching job isn't paying enough. Somebody please give me a good paying job! *on knees, begging*

Dear my friend, I am sorry that you didnt get enough money from your job. I wish that i have a job so i can able afford myself. I cannot have job until legal aid is done.

How about being my personal teacher? :)

I am sorry to hear about this, DeafBaja. Is it possible to ask for a raise? CTA? NEA?

go Yahoo and joining "deaf terp" Need more info.. Pm me :)

With teachers' salaries in this area being in the 65K range, you might be hard pressed to make more than that unless you have qualifications for a job over that amount.

But but but, I bet your job pays more than what I earn now. :P

My teaching job isn't paying enough. Somebody please give me a good paying job! *on knees, begging*

So how much do you make? More than 45k should be good enough. It is how you spend your money rather than how much you make.

Here's the deal. I'm making $12,000 MORE than I made last year in Las Vegas. When I first agreed to move there...they did promise me a specific salary, however when I got there, I got $4,000 less than promised. And they are taking over $1,800 from my check for medical insurance, taxes, etc. So for the first time since I've became a teacher, I'm flat broke. I can't even pay all of my bills. Plus I started in August (on the 13th)...and I didn't get my first paycheck until October 1! They kind of forgot to tell me that little detail before I moved there. There are other things too but I won't air all of my dirty laundry.

In Arkansas I made over $20,000 LESS but I was very comfortable. I paid my bills and had more than enough money left to play with.

Sad, huh? I've even resorted to going to the public assistance office to get food and basic supplies. I have a Masters degree for god's sake. It's very frustrating. So today I'm job-hunting.

I don't know how much you're getting paid but sounds like you're being underpaid for it. You have to ask yourself how much do you think you're worth. "Overworked, underpaid" workers are the most profitable assets for their employers because they know most are afraid to ask for a raise or the workers just don't know any better - they are simply not aware of their real value.

Another thing is - maybe you managed your time ineffectively... meaning you spend too much time doing what you do.... on unprofitable tasks. What I'm saying is - let's picture this classic famous example by Harvard professor (a time management expert).

The professor kept a large jar on his desk. There's another box filled with stones - many small stones and some large stones. He asks his students - how many stones do you think can fit into this jar? and everybody made a guess and then the professor filled the jar and asked the students - "is the jar full?" Students would think Professor should fill in many small stones to try to fit in as many stones as possible.

Point is as he said - "if i hadn't put the large stones in first, I would not have been able to put them in at the end, because there would not have been enough room. The large stone represent the important things in life - the most profitable one. and obviously small stone are the one that are insignificant and of a small value but consumes your time.

So.... what am I saying? Know your value! How much do you think you should be worth! Tackle only big stones that brings in $$$$$$$. Don't concern yourself with small stones by accepting bunch of favors that are time consuming and unprofitable. You have a teaching job... and you should be a private tutor after school. Both are a nice big stone. When you take in too many small stones at your work... you end up having no time for anything.

I hope this great wisdom helps because it helped me.

With teachers' salaries in this area being in the 65K range, you might be hard pressed to make more than that unless you have qualifications for a job over that amount.

That's exactly what I"m telling them...if I make around that range, then I should be okay. I'm not asking for more money...I'm asking for enough money. Bottom line - they are not paying me based on the right Step and all that.

That's exactly what I"m telling them...if I make around that range, then I should be okay. I'm not asking for more money...I'm asking for enough money. Bottom line - they are not paying me based on the right Step and all that.

demand it and threaten to report them as Domestic Dissent :mad2:

But but but, I bet your job pays more than what I earn now. :P

What people forget to understand is that we, teachers, went to 6 years of colleges to get our degrees, have to take expensive tests for our certification, and still have to take classes to to keep our certifications valid. It is costly and time consuming and high percentage of us are being underpaid for all the education we posess.

I am being underpaid at my job and if I was single, I would have quit teaching and found something else cuz I wouldnt be able to support myself on my salary.

Now, if teachers arent able to support themselves, that should worry you because many college students are opting not to major in education due to the high demands and low pay that the job requires and that would mean a major teacher shortage crisis.

I understand how you feel, Deafbajagal...we are seriously underpaid for the job we do and if u want to find a different career, I support you. I am having thoughts of finding a different career myself cuz I am fed up with being broke all the time.

Here's the deal. I'm making $12,000 MORE than I made last year in Las Vegas. When I first agreed to move there...they did promise me a specific salary, however when I got there, I got $4,000 less than promised. And they are taking over $1,800 from my check for medical insurance, taxes, etc. So for the first time since I've became a teacher, I'm flat broke. I can't even pay all of my bills. Plus I started in August (on the 13th)...and I didn't get my first paycheck until October 1! They kind of forgot to tell me that little detail before I moved there. There are other things too but I won't air all of my dirty laundry.

In Arkansas I made over $20,000 LESS but I was very comfortable. I paid my bills and had more than enough money left to play with.

Sad, huh? I've even resorted to going to the public assistance office to get food and basic supplies. I have a Masters degree for god's sake. It's very frustrating. So today I'm job-hunting.

The govt needs to wake up and see that so many teachers all over the USA cant afford to support themselves. I couldnt afford to support myself without my husband's income and that is just so fucked up, isnt it? We have our fucking master's degree and we arent being paid what we are worth.

Imagine, some people live with only $18,000 a year. Wonder how they manage?

And then there is real poverty like this 11 year old girl who begs for scraps of bread and pennies!
Afghan girl begs for bread, prays for help - CNN.com

I think we all need to be thankful for what we have and help those less fortunate.

but we can't be thankful when we're in debt and losing our home. We don't live in a poverty-stricken country so their situation does not apply to us. We're in a country where $18,000 is considered as poverty and it's as bad as those in poor country. $200 a month in India or Africa may be considered as Middle Class so it's not really productive to compare their situation to ours.

Imagine, some people live with only $18,000 a year. Wonder how they manage?

And then there is real poverty like this 11 year old girl who begs for scraps of bread and pennies!
Afghan girl begs for bread, prays for help - CNN.com

I think we all need to be thankful for what we have and help those less fortunate.

But why, as teachers, should we live in poverty? It would make us hard to do our jobs effectively if we are stressed and worried about providing food, shelter, and etc for our families? Why do professional athletes get paid 50 million a year?

Sadly I think some may have missed my point, I will repeat it...

Sadly I think some may have missed my point, I will repeat it...

you think Americans living on $18,000 a year are in any position to help anybody else? they cannot even have 3 square meals and proper house. Try doing that for yourself.

you think Americans living on $18,000 a year are in any position to help anybody else? they cannot even have 3 square meals and proper house. Try doing that for yourself.

I was going to reply with the same kind of comment but you beat me to it. If I was wealthy and had a healthy cashflow, sure I would help those who are struggling but I am barely able to pay for my needs these days but I do donate clothes and stuff that we dont use anymore.

Back