Man Says Starbucks Discriminated Against Him Because He Has Half An Arm

I don't think the guy has a case as he was ofter a job at another Starbucks store.

I don't think the guy has a case as he was ofter a job at another Starbucks store.
Maybe another Starbuck location is farther than the one where he originally applied at. What's more, why didn't the headquarter tell the manager at the first location to hire him instead of offering him a job interview at another location?

At the end of the article, the HQ said that he was not hired because another person has better qualifications. Obviously the new employee has two full arms, that's why the disabled man feels discriminated (as his former manager said that he did a good job even with a half arm).

Edited: I saw one UPS employee with a half arm at the "window" and amazingly he can tape the boxes very fast.

He might - because he'd be able to claim that if he worked there (right away) he would likely be subjected to a hostile work environment (by management, or other employees who felt the "had to hire him" because of the publicity)

SMH @ some of the comments below the article.

SMH @ some of the comments below the article.

Yup, that's VERY SAD and I feel bad for this man in article. :(

ADA trumps all pathetic and discrimination commenters.

Back