Purple USB Flasher

purplecatty

Reaction score
Hey!! IF you are electronic tech or Purple VRS Rep or installer,

I made a dumb mistake fiddling around with Purple USB flasher while checking out website (just my boredom). I twisted the clear cap and opened it and took a look what's inside. I realized that I twisted off the USB cable connection to light board. I found out that there are little screw in the middle that was holding it, not the clear cap and base.

Since I'm expert in Electronics, Can you tell me which color would goes to board.

From what I see Grnd, Vcc, D+, D- . USB cable color Of course is Red, White, Yellow, and Black.

Black -->Grnd
Red--> Vcc
White--???
Yellow--???

Can you crack yours open and tell me which color goes to.

I want it fixed so I can use the flasher when someone called.

What Idiot I am!! :roll::shock::eek3:

CAtty

USB flasher is horrible and dumb idea. It force anyone to keep their stupid laptop running and burn the motherboard.

USB flasher is horrible and dumb idea. It force anyone to keep their stupid laptop running and burn the motherboard.

Not Neccessary. Whenever I am in basement using computer, I wake it up from sleep mode and run Purple VRS then minimize it cuz It shares same phone number as my SmartVP. So while I'm browsing net, when someone calls me, I answer right there rather than run to 2nd floor. I never had an issue with Purple USB flasher.

I felt stupid just twisting the clear cap off and realizing that I somehow ripped USB wires off by accident from twisting. It was just out of my boredom while reading the news on website. :roll:

Basically, I'm asking for wiring diagram (color to which?) so I can solder it back together and make it useful

Also I already ordered ZVRS Firefly as well so I'm waiting for that cuz it's backordered.

I built my own new system, Asrock 970 Extreme 4 motherboard which came with semprtron 2.8 ghz processor and 2gb memory from Ebay. Have Win 8.1 installed. I am planning on upgrading processor to 6 or 8 core AM3+ and 16 GB memory. It have UEFI BIOS and I love it! It's much more reliable than my old mobo and able to put to sleep mode no issue. My son is drooling all over my system cuz of damn good Ethernet adapter. I was able to do Speedtest via OOKLA and did 100mbps download and 5mbps while I have 30mbps Internet service. Go ahead and call me crazy but seriously, old mobo and laptops all not able to reach that crazy speed. My new mobo is actually a gaming mobo with 3 PCIe slots (16x first slot, 8x 2nd slot and 4x 3rd slot).

I'm not a gamer, I am a VMware and VirtualBox user so I wanted to run multiple OSes that's why I want powerful system...

So I'm not gonna keep it running all the time. If I'm not expecting anyone calling me then I just close VRS software. Even if I forgot about it, It won't wake up my system when it rings.

Catty

IF it's LED then harmless on the motherboard due low voltage and low amp.
Not Neccessary. Whenever I am in basement using computer, I wake it up from sleep mode and run Purple VRS then minimize it cuz It shares same phone number as my SmartVP. So while I'm browsing net, when someone calls me, I answer right there rather than run to 2nd floor. I never had an issue with Purple USB flasher.

I felt stupid just twisting the clear cap off and realizing that I somehow ripped USB wires off by accident from twisting. It was just out of my boredom while reading the news on website. :roll:

Basically, I'm asking for wiring diagram (color to which?) so I can solder it back together and make it useful

Also I already ordered ZVRS Firefly as well so I'm waiting for that cuz it's backordered.

I built my own new system, Asrock 970 Extreme 4 motherboard which came with semprtron 2.8 ghz processor and 2gb memory from Ebay. Have Win 8.1 installed. I am planning on upgrading processor to 6 or 8 core AM3+ and 16 GB memory. It have UEFI BIOS and I love it! It's much more reliable than my old mobo and able to put to sleep mode no issue. My son is drooling all over my system cuz of damn good Ethernet adapter. I was able to do Speedtest via OOKLA and did 100mbps download and 5mbps while I have 30mbps Internet service. Go ahead and call me crazy but seriously, old mobo and laptops all not able to reach that crazy speed. My new mobo is actually a gaming mobo with 3 PCIe slots (16x first slot, 8x 2nd slot and 4x 3rd slot).

I'm not a gamer, I am a VMware and VirtualBox user so I wanted to run multiple OSes that's why I want powerful system...

So I'm not gonna keep it running all the time. If I'm not expecting anyone calling me then I just close VRS software. Even if I forgot about it, It won't wake up my system when it rings.

Catty

Why not call Purple that your usb flasher broke?

I left a post in Purple VRS blog. Be nice if someone actually have one and tell me of wiring diagram.

Catty

Back