What I want my Apple Watch to do

DickS

Reaction score
I have a pair of Phonak BTE aids and I use the ComPilot to have my iPhone send my phone calls to my aids using Bluetooth. The ComPilot hangs around my neck and it sends the signal to my aids through the neck strap - and it has the microphone that sends my voice back to my callers.

There are some new designs that allow the iPhone to send a Bluetooth signal directly from the phone to the aids - without a box hanging around the users neck. BUT -- to use it you have to hold up your smartphone and speak into the phone to reply. That is a deal-breaker for me because I insist on a hands-free phone/aids connection. With the ComPilot I can answer my call with a button push- and then talk without having to hold up my phone.

What I'd like to have next is the opportunity to put an Apple Watch into this loop. I would have my iPhone send a bluetooth signal directly to my aids - and then the microphone in my Apple Watch would send my voice back to my iPhone and off to my caller. The Apple Watch could easily be held in a position where it would capture my voice.

I'm ready for this NOW ......

Dick

I have a pair of Phonak BTE aids and I use the ComPilot to have my iPhone send my phone calls to my aids using Bluetooth. The ComPilot hangs around my neck and it sends the signal to my aids through the neck strap - and it has the microphone that sends my voice back to my callers.

There are some new designs that allow the iPhone to send a Bluetooth signal directly from the phone to the aids - without a box hanging around the users neck. BUT -- to use it you have to hold up your smartphone and speak into the phone to reply. That is a deal-breaker for me because I insist on a hands-free phone/aids connection. With the ComPilot I can answer my call with a button push- and then talk without having to hold up my phone.

What I'd like to have next is the opportunity to put an Apple Watch into this loop. I would have my iPhone send a bluetooth signal directly to my aids - and then the microphone in my Apple Watch would send my voice back to my iPhone and off to my caller. The Apple Watch could easily be held in a position where it would capture my voice.

I'm ready for this NOW ......

Dick

Wow, that'd be pretty fancy!

Back