Sherlock

My friends love the show Elementary. I'll admit the chemistry between the characters is very good and I like both the actors. But, for the record, Sherlock Holmes was not a fawking slob!!

I agree with what is being said on other forums Elementary, while good, is really just a better form of CSI.

The BBC series still rules, in my opinion.

My friends love the show Elementary. I'll admit the chemistry between the characters is very good and I like both the actors. But, for the record, Sherlock Holmes was not a fawking slob!!

I agree with what is being said on other forums Elementary, while good, is really just a better form of CSI.

The BBC series still rules, in my opinion.

Yeah, I regard Elementary as just another detective/crime show. Not really a Sherlock Holmes show.

The BBC Sherlock is awesome, I agree.

The Sherlock Holmes is the best. I want to read or watch anything about Sherlock Holmes.

I liked the BBC one and wish it was little longer. I hope they make another while I fix my Sherlock on Elementary.

For Elementary, I missed first ones and have to wait for reruns. I was surprised that Lui was casted as Joan Watson. I never image the watson as a female until now. It is interesting and different twist in some way. The casts grew on me as the show goes on.

The Sherlock Holmes is the best. I want to read or watch anything about Sherlock Holmes.

I liked the BBC one and wish it was little longer. I hope they make another while I fix my Sherlock on Elementary.

For Elementary, I missed first ones and have to wait for reruns. I was surprised that Lui was casted as Joan Watson. I never image the watson as a female until now. It is interesting and different twist in some way. The casts grew on me as the show goes on.

It's been pushed back, but there will be a 2013 season.

I just found out today that John Watson is also Bilbo Baggins in the new Hobbit movies.

I LOVE Elementary!

At first, I was like, huh?!?, omg it is a blasphemy, casting a woman as Dr Watson,
what in the world!
but the longer I was watching the show the faster I was warming up to the idea, and saw the brilliancy of it.

Lucy Liu is perfect for the role! she is so talented, so cool, so collected, physically so well suited so well chosen to match Johnny Miller as Sherlock.

I also think it was marvelous to cast Rhys Ifans as Mycroft. he is so ENGLISH.

They all together compliment each other so well. Not only in the way they look
but also how the move, and speak, and express facial emotions. perfect match,

Now, if you think how Sherlock Holmes was portrayed on TV and in the movies over the years (decades, really) you'll realize this idea with Lucy as Watson is simply genius. a fresh breath of air.

Not to say BBC series with Benedict Cumberbatch/Martin Freeman duo is to look down on, oh no. It's also an excellent latest screen version of the Holmes books in it's own right, and I like it, too.
It's just that there is nothing particularly unusual about it, imo, apart from severe modernization of it if you get my drift - Sherlock's mind as an on-screen computer, and... well, that's about it.

Making Watson and even Moriarty vel Irene Adler a women - now, that's a pleasant new twist :)

Fuzzy

Back