Help with Sharp Aquos TV

abricru

Reaction score
Hi,

I am dog-sitting for some friends for a few days, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to turn on the closed captioning on their new Sharp Aquos TV. (Sorry, I don't know the model number) There is no CC button on the remote. Under the menu I found closed caption options where you can choose the font and size etc., but I can't find anything that says how to just turn it on! Anybody else have one of these TVs? I tried looking at some manuals on Sharp's website, but it wasn't much help without the model number. Thanks for any help.

AQUOS lcd televisions | manuals

I did a quick search and found the manual(s) for the TV you mentioned. It looks like the only way to turn on CC is to press the CC button on the remote. If there is no CC button, you might be using a universal remote or a compatible remote that didn't come with the TV.

good luck.

At the very bottom of the remote (the last 1.5"-2" of the remote) there is a part of the remote that lifts/flips up to access more buttons. The CC button is located there. I can provide a picture if you can't figure it out. :)

At the very bottom of the remote (the last 1.5"-2" of the remote) there is a part of the remote that lifts/flips up to access more buttons. The CC button is located there. I can provide a picture if you can't figure it out. :)

Yeah the poster above is correct.

The cc button is hidden on the bottom of remote behind a flip open door.

I was staying at uncle and aunt house but they were gone to Florida (Snowbirds) and I wanted to turn on CC on their Sharp HDTV.

I ran into the exact same thing and it took me like 2 hours researching on the internet looking for CC button on the TV ha! I know what your going through!

Back