Those Receiving SSI, How Much Do You Get Each Month?

How Much SSI Per Month?

• $600

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • $700

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • $800

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • $900

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $1000

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • $1100

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • $1200

• $1300

• $1400

• $1500 or more

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doug5

Reaction score
Some people claim you can get up to $3500 a month. I think that bs.

The poll will be private.

I think it's not business to tell

From what I hear, it's depend on individual and condition. Like child without mother or father, get increase. Parents-less get more. Also, it's depend on regional when they see cost of living, give the minimum

Thanx for the link FF.

I kept the poll private so no one knows who is on SSI or what they receive.

I started this thread cuz of all the misinformation on the other ssi thread about disabled people collecting thousands of dollars a month. Its simply not true.

Thanx for the link FF.

I kept the poll private so no one knows who is on SSI or what they receive.

I started this thread cuz of all the misinformation on the other ssi thread about disabled people collecting thousands of dollars a month. Its simply not true.

And there's no misinformation. :)

I would believe limited number of people who gets nice and fat SSA checks. There have to have several factors involved, Blindness do get extra income on top of other purpose income. I have seen over $2k a month, but not yet 3K a month so the chances are probably there is one.

Me? zero from Uncle Sam, I got better source of income.

explain how one can collect thousands of dollars in benefits? And even so, would you give up your eyesight to sit on your ass and collect 4k a month?:roll:

I didn't have to give up my eyesight to draw $3500 a month.

explain how one can collect thousands of dollars in benefits? And even so, would you give up your eyesight to sit on your ass and collect 4k a month?:roll:

I can see how... and I know people who did this in Canada, and I am not even going to disclose how because the government spent a lot of money on cracking down on those people-- we don't need more people taking advantage of the loopholes.

canada and america is different

;) Yeah, it is... after 1994, those loopholes got closed off. How? They kicked off anyone who could do anything as menial as sweeping the floor off of it-- so if you're unemployed due to discrimination-- tough luck; the people who took advantage of the system ruined it for everyone. This doesn't apply to everywhere in Canada... only under those under the ex-premier Ralphie.

I don't think it's right to ask for people SSA amounts whether they get it in SSI or SSD form. I don't care if you say poll is private, but I can see the results of which category they are in. All I see if that you want to know the amounts for personal gain - hence the reason you may get burned about it 3 times.

I am just saying....

First off, the question itself is rude and too personal to be asking on a public forum. Secondly, cash benefits in the form of a check are not the only benefits available through SSI. Tuition costs, job training costs, accommodation costs, etc. that are paid for a recipient are also considered to be benefits and are included in amounts received.

The majority of SSI recipients do not abuse the system. They use it as intended: to be an assistance in a time of need that allows them to become self sufficient.

First off, the question itself is rude and too personal to be asking on a public forum. Secondly, cash benefits in the form of a check are not the only benefits available through SSI. Tuition costs, job training costs, accommodation costs, etc. that are paid for a recipient are also considered to be benefits and are included in amounts received.

The majority of SSI recipients do not abuse the system. They use it as intended: to be an assistance in a time of need that allows them to become self sufficient.

Don't forget to add food stamps and paid cell phone bills. :)

Why you need to know how much is SSI amount every months?? It's private personal. I don't share with you how much I receive my SSDAC. It's my private. AD don't need to know. :roll: Why you're nosy on everyone's SSI, SSD, SSDAC, SSDI's amount?? None of your business!

I'm not ashamed. We get about $600 a month. That covers her speech therapy, batteries, and gas to get to school and appointments (audiologist is 2 hours away).

Just don't go off saying the question is rude. It's perfectly normal amongst the Deaf people to be asking/asked blunt questions, or make bold statements.

I'm not ashamed. We get about $600 a month. That covers her speech therapy, batteries, and gas to get to school and appointments (audiologist is 2 hours away).

Are you hearing?? Do you have SSI? or SSD? I thought it's for deaf, hoh and disabilities only.

Back