Kids Turned Away From Church....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, basically, according to Reba, a pastor must be 100% sin free so as to not be tempted by the devil.
I never said that.

Tell me the name of one single pastor who does not sin, in either thought or deed. oh wait, there isn't any.
I didn't say that either.

Neither what?

I'm not trying to antagonize here so please don't take it as such LOL. I'm saying Paul was hated by the world for supporting Christianity and he was hated inside the church for killing other Christians.

All people are born sinners.
True.

And all people can be saved from the eternal penalty of their sins.

That doesn't mean that they escape the earthly consequences of their sins.

That doesn't mean that they are all suitable to be church pastors.

Church pastors carry a much heavier burden than the people of their congregation. God holds the pastors responsible for the spiritual direction of the people of their churches.

But Paul had neither did he not?

Are you referring to the persecution of Christians? From what I know, he tried everything to make the people fall back in line with Torah. He wasn't exactly a saint... (oh the irony). I've read a few things about him, prior to converting from Judaism to Christianity, he was an out of control religious zealot. He was involved with the killing of Saint Stephen.

True.

And all people can be saved from the eternal penalty of their sins.

That doesn't mean that they escape the earthly consequences of their sins.

That doesn't mean that they are all suitable to be church pastors.

Church pastors carry a much heavier burden than the people of their congregation. God holds the pastors responsible for the spiritual direction of the people of their churches.

So people don't really believe in redemption then.

I'm not trying to antagonize here so please don't take it as such LOL.
I'm not. I just wanted to be sure about your question so I could answer it. :)

I'm saying Paul was hated by the world for supporting Christianity and he was hated inside the church for killing other Christians.
The world hated all Christians, and add to that fear of any Christians who seemed to have power behind their convictions. That made Paul seem even more dangerous to them.

As the years passed and Paul proved himself, most Christians came to accept Paul.

So people don't really believe in redemption then.
Yes, Christians believe in redemption. Our great Redeemer Christ has purchased with His own blood our eternal souls from the power of sin and death. That's what redemption means.

Yes, Christians believe in redemption. Our great Redeemer Christ has purchased with His own blood our eternal souls from the power of sin and death. That's what redemption means.

Who had to be paid in blood?

I'm not. I just wanted to be sure about your question so I could answer it. :)

The world hated all Christians, and add to that fear of any Christians who seemed to have power behind their convictions. That made Paul seem even more dangerous to them.

As the years passed and Paul proved himself, most Christians came to accept Paul.

So, what qualifies one to be redeemed of such crimes (to the point of being a preacher). Also, I don't think the world is a very good judge of ANYTHING. I don't even go to church anymore and I know when a bunch of people get together they're nothing but mindless zombies feeding off of the suggestions of each other. It's like a gigantic stage hypnosis session where EVERYONE is a hypnotist of someone else. The church (which is supposed to ignore this hypnotism) often get's sucked up in it's own version of it. All in all, it's human nature whether you're an Atheist or a Theist IT WILL HAPPEN AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER IN YOUR LIFE. NO ONE thinks independently unless they're hermits. but back to my point. . .

If Jesus said you will be hated by the world, and the world knows me not, how does the world know what is best for the church?

I know very little about Religion, and I'm not a very religious person. But I do know right from wrong. Would I approve of a man who is the Church's Pastor, or ANY man for that matter, texting underage girls explict messages in Church, even touching the girls inappropriatly, and telling the girls that God approves of it?

Some things are forgivable, but something like this? Would anybody else "approve" of it, even allow it with their underage child? I don't think so. This man who calls himself a Preacher, is just a child predator.

And to allow this man back into another Church to preach, and ban the children from attending?...The children did nothing wrong!

I know very little about Religion, and I'm not a very religious person. But I do know right from wrong. Would I approve of a man who is the Church's Pastor, or ANY man for that matter, texting underage girls explict messages in Church, even touching the girls inappropriatly, and telling the girls that God approves of it?

Some things are forgivable, but something like this? Would anybody else "approve" of it, even allow it with their underage child? I don't think so. This man who calls himself a Preacher, is just a child predator.

And to allow this man back into another Church to preach, and ban the children from attending?...The children did nothing wrong!

I agree. TO AN EXTENT. Forgiveness is open to EVERYONE. HOWEVER, because of the "pastor's" past, I believe he should be limited to adults ONLY while in the pulpit (to any adults dumb enough to follow him). I also believe he needs a coplete psychological examination and should have to see a therapist regularly. I DON"T support the idea of giving him another chance with children but I don't support the idea of absolute banishment either. People can turn their lives around from the worst kinds of monstrosity. Placing more children there though would be like saying "I'm going on a diet" and then filling your house with cup cakes. So, my question of course is, how do you know whether or not he is a changed man or just trying to get at the kids again?
You have to trust God on this one and not add wood to the fire. About the children, if the adults are dumb enough to want to remove all the children, let them. It's their church and if they want to listen to a man with that past it is their business. Their church will die out because there's no one to carry it on.

I agree. TO AN EXTENT. Forgiveness is open to EVERYONE. HOWEVER, because of the "pastor's" past, I believe he should be limited to adults ONLY while in the pulpit (to any adults dumb enough to follow him). I also believe he needs a coplete psychological examination and should have to see a therapist regularly. I DON"T support the idea of giving him another chance with children but I don't support the idea of absolute banishment either. People can turn their lives around from the worst kinds of monstrosity. Placing more children there though would be like saying "I'm going on a diet" and then filling your house with cup cakes. So, my question of course is, how do you know whether or not he is a changed man or just trying to get at the kids again?
You have to trust God on this one and not add wood to the fire. About the children, if the adults are dumb enough to want to remove all the children, let them. It's their church and if they want to listen to a man with that past it is their business. Their church will die out because there's no one to carry it on.

The answer is to ur question, we don't "absolutely know" if he's a changed man or not. And I would not chance it with my child, or any child...in Church or out of Church.

You hear of so many prisoners in prison, proclaiming they have found God, getting relased early, and going right back to what they did before. And child predators are like that. Very sick/slick/con artists individuals.

I don't trust God on this one (as you said)....I trust my own sense of reality and knowing child predators/offenders will repeat again and again.

We as parents, are expected to protect our children from people such as this. And if we fail?....The guilt is enormous.

Which is wrong!

That's just your opinion. There are plenty of churches out there. If you don't like the way things work at a particular church, nobody's stopping you from going to a different church.

That's just your opinion. There are plenty of churches out there. If you don't like the way things work at a particular church, nobody's stopping you from going to a different church.

And nobody is stopping him from going to a church that no children attend either!

My thought? This man was a pastor and used that position in order to hurt children. Regardless of whether he claims he was "changed" or not, or whether he has repented or not... I just can't see him being in that position again. And what kind of church kicks the kids out of the church so the child molester with the criminal record could be pastor?!

And nobody is stopping him from going to a church that no children attend either!

The church already agreed to ban the children since the registered sex offender is not allowed to be around children. The church wasn't forced to do it.

So what's the problem?

The church already agreed to ban the children since the registered sex offender is not allowed to be around children. The church wasn't forced to do it.

So what's the problem?

That church has a problem! They will have to answer to God for this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back