hearing but willing to learn asl!

learner123

Reaction score
Hi! I recently discovered asl, and have been really interested in it since. I tried learning by myself but found it confusing. Would anybody be willing to help me learn through oovoo or Skype?

ditto!

i'm actually starting my first ASL class ever in a little over a week. i'll be starting school for interpreting:wave:

i'm actually starting my first ASL class ever in a little over a week. i'll be starting school for interpreting:wave:

Wahoo!!! :D Just make sure you dedicate a significant time to interacting with local deaf folks. The best way to learn and get good at it is to really put yourself out there and interact with other ASL users.

hello Im on asl level 2 and im also kind of new at it. so just keep practicing and yes try to interract with deaf/hoh folks so can understand better and also get the hang of it better. GOOD LUCK

hello Im on asl level 2 and im also kind of new at it. so just keep practicing and yes try to interract with deaf/hoh folks so can understand better and also get the hang of it better. GOOD LUCK

Nice! :) are you in Michigan?

LOL! Somehow I managed to escape Michigan. I am from Traverse City and left for Gallaudet U in D.C. I hope your ASL studies go well. :)

Oh ok nice area traverse city, Well if everything goes as plan we might move to Florida Or fredericksburg, va one Or the other after June this year ...Thanks same to u

Wahoo!!! :D Just make sure you dedicate a significant time to interacting with local deaf folks. The best way to learn and get good at it is to really put yourself out there and interact with other ASL users.

Thank ya! ^_^ Sorry It's been a while since I've been on the forums. Life's been NUTS! My ASL and deaf culture professors are Deaf, so that's a HUGE! bonus :) I worry about going to deaf events though. I get so many mixed signals about hearing people and interpreters. I gotta say it's intimidating to say the least lol, but I really do genuinely love the culture and the language. Even if I don't end up interpreting, I'd still love to be active in the community, once I get up the courage to actually sign.

Thank ya! ^_^ Sorry It's been a while since I've been on the forums. Life's been NUTS! My ASL and deaf culture professors are Deaf, so that's a HUGE! bonus :) I worry about going to deaf events though. I get so many mixed signals about hearing people and interpreters. I gotta say it's intimidating to say the least lol, but I really do genuinely love the culture and the language. Even if I don't end up interpreting, I'd still love to be active in the community, once I get up the courage to actually sign.

Talk a class mate into going to a deaf gathering. It will give you more courage to put yourself out there.

Talk a class mate into going to a deaf gathering. It will give you more courage to put yourself out there.

I s'pose so. Hoping to go to a deaf religious gathering this weekend with my family. Baby steps y'know..

Back