Requesting insurance provider ideas for audiologist coverage.

SeanB

Reaction score
I am currently paying for audiological services through installment payments, which will be phased out at the end of the year and changing audiologists. I am looking into signing up for insurance. Guess what? Many health insurance providers do not cover audiologist services. For those of you that are covered, who is your provider? This will give me a starting point to look into it further. Thanks. BTW, if it's a state provider, I am only interested in South Carolina and national if applicable.

My carrier, Aetna, pays for yearly hearing tests for me, minus the co-pay. But that's all.

Also, remember, that a some plans are determined by the employer, not the insurance company. An insurance company may offer XYZ, but the employer is only willing to pay/offer for YZ for their employees.

Coverage depends on what state you are in and what insurance plan you have. You can ask for a policy that covers hearing tests, and hearing aids... but most of the time you need a referral to see an audiologist.

Back