Honda Civic: "CHECK ENGINE" light on

My truck engine was made by International, and I believe it was built in Alabama. Most countries do not have roads wide enough for my truck to fit in and that is one reason why it is not popular in the rest of the world. Only Ranger still makes overseas but not here in America anymore, because ranger is a small pu truck version. We don't see new here anymore. There is reason behind this, small pu truck and larger truck MPG is close to each other. I found it the hard way. I realize after owning third S-10. I missed the first S-10 (1983), the best I ever own.

Psst, if my truck was brand new, it will have MSRP at $64,000. That is the top of line truck. I showed the window sticker to my son last night and he was shocked to see the MSRP. LOL

$40K is average for truck.

Even the pistons, camshafts, connecting rods, etc? What parts of the truck is made in other countries? That's a mystery. Not many people want to buy a brand new $40,000 truck. Blame it on unionized jobs.

Even the pistons, camshafts, connecting rods, etc? What parts of the truck is made in other countries? That's a mystery. Not many people want to buy a brand new $40,000 truck. Blame it on unionized jobs.

Some body parts from Canada or Mexico are imported to USA to assemble the vehicles

My truck engine was made by International, and I believe it was built in Alabama. Most countries do not have roads wide enough for my truck to fit in and that is one reason why it is not popular in the rest of the world. Only Ranger still makes overseas but not here in America anymore, because ranger is a small pu truck version. We don't see new here anymore. There is reason behind this, small pu truck and larger truck MPG is close to each other. I found it the hard way. I realize after owning third S-10. I missed the first S-10 (1983), the best I ever own.

Psst, if my truck was brand new, it will have MSRP at $64,000. That is the top of line truck. I showed the window sticker to my son last night and he was shocked to see the MSRP. LOL

Yeah, even the semi trucks are smaller in other countries and mostly cabover types.

I saw a Chevy Silverado 4 door truck costing $57,000 that was brand new delivered to Enterprise Rent a Car. Yea, not surprised at all.

$(KGrHqF,!iEE4q!oZOwWBOVSLyvyV!~~_12.JPG

:whistle:

I used work for MAXXFORCE as simple engine performance like O2, sensors, full service, scan tool, etc.

Around 50% of them made in USA and other made in Germany, Brazil, etc.

Yeah, even the semi trucks are smaller in other countries and mostly cabover types.

I saw a Chevy Silverado 4 door truck costing $57,000 that was brand new delivered to Enterprise Rent a Car. Yea, not surprised at all.

Ouch

for my Mazda car need special tool as "Digital Code Checker" cost up to $500 at dealer.

perkins48_547.jpg

Some body parts from Canada or Mexico are imported to USA to assemble the vehicles

I don't like aftermarket front bumper imported from Mexico. It was almost looking like blend part, cheap and not perfect fit my car. I use to buy real factory front bumper from dealer. It's expensive than aftermarket price.

for my Mazda car need special tool as "Digital Code Checker" cost up to $500 at dealer.

perkins48_547.jpg

Let me guess, Your Mazda is 1995 or older?

I won't buy any used car/truck with electrical for 1995 or older due Too many special scan tool like over 10 different ports. That's crazy!

1996 or older are universal port for OBD-2. My Mazda works fine with Rev App thru kiwi hardware.

PLX Kiwi 2 Wifi | OBD2 OBDII iPhone

I won't buy any used car/truck with electrical for 1995 or older due Too many special scan tool like over 10 different ports. That's crazy!

1996 or older are universal port for OBD-2. My Mazda works fine with Rev App thru kiwi hardware.

1988-1996 Mazda RX-7 had two special tools at dealer. "Mazda Factory Digital Compression Tester" Tool and "Digital Code Checker" Tool. It's pretty old technique tool. No OBDII scanner for older Mazda.

1988-1996 Mazda RX-7 had two special tools at dealer. "Mazda Factory Digital Compression Tester" Tool and "Digital Code Checker" Tool. It's pretty old technique tool. No OBDII scanner for older Mazda.

I drove Mazda RX-7 with manual once and it's was very NICE handle.

Not just Mazda, over 10 different ports like GM, Ford, Euro, Asian, etc.

I don't like aftermarket front bumper imported from Mexico. It was almost looking like blend part, cheap and not perfect fit my car. I use to buy real factory front bumper from dealer. It's expensive than aftermarket price.

Agreed with you. I never like aftermarket for almost everything like electrical, engine,brake system, etc.

It's okay for very FEW good aftermarket like K&N air intake.

Of course it's best to buy OEM parts for car for best quality fit and flush. If you can't afford expensive brand new engine, you can get low mileage used engine from Japan will bolt in many cars that are Japanese brands. The biggest downside is the emissions controls have to be modified to compliant with the federal standards. In Japan, they replace engine every few years because when the engine gets older, the emissions get worse so they get rid of the engines and ship it to the United States. Most of the engines have less than 40,000 to 50,000 miles on it.

perkins48_547.jpg

Wow, I use jump wires and DVOM to pull trouble codes on pre-OBDII. Under dash, you need DVOM to connect leads to port in the fuse box, watch voltage of On-Off-On-Off based on long and short pause time that will give you trouble codes. I use jumper wire to connect service port in the engine compartment to read blinking C/E light.

You are right. Some early 1996 Mazda still have service port in the engine compartment with OBDII port in under dash. I used to jump wire in a service port for check base timing. My old SnapOn scan tool have about 7 connector adapters.

Want cheapest OEM parts? Go to junkyard to parting out virgin parts. I still use to harvesting the parts for my personal vehicles or for my friends.

Of course it's best to buy OEM parts for car for best quality fit and flush. If you can't afford expensive brand new engine, you can get low mileage used engine from Japan will bolt in many cars that are Japanese brands. The biggest downside is the emissions controls have to be modified to compliant with the federal standards. In Japan, they replace engine every few years because when the engine gets older, the emissions get worse so they get rid of the engines and ship it to the United States. Most of the engines have less than 40,000 to 50,000 miles on it.

Yeah my good asian friend told me about replaced new engine at around 40k miles to avoid from poor mpg back in high school (1999).

One thing I still don't understand that Japan allows Subaru diesel but never allows Subaru diesel in USA due high emission.

I find it hard to believe need to replace engine at 40K miles, I don't see justifiable just to save on fuel. The cost of replace engine far exceed the cost of MPG loss. Im not saying I don't believe this but if they are actually doing this, they aren't saving a penny after all.

And blame on EPA for not allowing Diesel cars up here in America.

Back