Status
Not open for further replies.

saywhatkid

Huked on fonix werx!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Source: French Mag to Publish Cartoons of Prophet Mohammed - Yahoo! News

By Jean-Nicholas Fievet | ABC News – 3 hrs ago

A French satirical magazine is set to publish several cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed on Wednesday, a move that is likely to inflame the Islamic faithful and militants who have already rioted in more than 20 countries over a movie mocking the prophet.

Depictions of the prophet are strictly prohibited and considered blasphemous by Muslims. Cartoons of Muhammad published in Denmark in 2005 and then reproduced in newspapers across Europe triggered riots throughout the Mideast and Africa. Churches and embassies were torched and at least 100 people died in the outbreaks and police crackdowns.

The magazine "Charlie Hebdo" has confirmed that it will publish the cartoons, but has not revealed what they will depict. French newspaper "Le Monde" reports that some of the cartoons show the prophet in "particularly explicit poses," without providing any further detail.

The move comes as Muslims are still simmering after riots in Egypt, Libya, Tunisia and nearly 20 other countries over the move "Innocence of Muslims." U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans died during an attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

French government ministers have criticized the magazine's decision and police in Paris have stepped up security around its offices.

France is home to Europe's largest Muslim population, and the senior cleric at Paris' biggest mosque has appealed for followers to remain calm, according to the French news agency AFP.

The magazine has defended the move by invoking the right to free speech. Speaking on French radio, the magazine's director explained that a decision not to publish would "hand victory to a handful of extremists that are causing a commotion in the world and in France."

It's not the first time the anti-establishment, left-wing magazine has courted controversy. In 2011 the offices of "Charlie Hedbo" were bombed after it published an Arab Spring edition with the Prophet Muhammad as "guest editor" on the cover.

I, for one, hope the French don't look our way for help when things get ugly...

Ugh. People can be dumb. "Freedom of Speech" does not mean you have to be disrespect to others.

402605_385351018202828_1687740554_n.jpg

come on....

Blaming the entire US for making that movie is quite stupid. Bollywood mocks Christianity, just in case you didn't know. Should I post examples of how they portray Jews?

France doesn't really have a great track record in their relations with Islam and Muslims in the first place. They've made it incredibly difficult for Muslims, even going as far as to outlaw the niqab for women who choose to wear it. That being said, this is unfortunately not surprising.

Blaming the entire US for making that movie is quite stupid. Bollywood mocks Christianity, just in case you didn't know. Should I post examples of how they portray Jews?

did you find that movie hilarious or distasteful?

A math problem would be if you Kill 15 Jews then kill 7 more Jews how many dead Jews would that be?

did you find that movie hilarious or distasteful?

Distasteful, but not too distasteful to the point I would wait from June until September 11th to attack people that had nothing to do with making it.

Should Christians go on a murdering rampage everytime "Jesus Christ Superstar" is performed?

Or putting Jesus on the cross in a jar of urine and calling it "art".

Are you claiming that Anders Behring Breivik, as well as other liked minded individuals, coordinated, conspired and attacked and killed A US Ambassador because of an obscure film on youtube?

that's not what you asked.

you said....

Distasteful, but not too distasteful to the point I would wait from June until September 11th to attack people that had nothing to do with making it.

Should Christians go on a murdering rampage everytime "Jesus Christ Superstar" is performed?

that's not what you asked.

you said....

Perhaps you should stay a little bit focused on the subject at hand, instead of trying to troll. We are talking about the murderous reaction to a film. An obscure film. In that context, you tried to make a comparison to Anders Breitvik when no such comparison exists.

"Jesus Christ Superstar" is a play mocking Christ. Do you see Christians murdering ambassadors when it is played and performed?

Perhaps you should stay a little bit focused on the subject at hand, instead of trying to troll. We are talking about the murderous reaction to a film. An obscure film. In that context, you tried to make a comparison to Anders Breitvik when no such comparison exists.

"Jesus Christ Superstar" is a play mocking Christ. Do you see Christians murdering ambassadors when it is played and performed?

sure... sure..... sure..... look up for definition of "carpet burn".

if you want to stay a little bit focused on the subject at hand..... then talk about French mag publishing cartoons of prophet Mohammed. Any reaction to that? This thread is not about "Jesus Christ Superstar".

sure... sure..... sure..... look up for definition of "carpet burn".

if you want to stay a little bit focused on the subject at hand..... then talk about French mag publishing cartoons of prophet Mohammed. Any reaction to that? This thread is not about "Jesus Christ Superstar".

This thread has nothing to do with Breitvik either. :roll: But, you somehow magically see a connection.

It also has nothing to do with the comparison you made in post #2.

This thread has nothing to do with Breitvik either. :roll:

I was answering your question.

So since you want to focus in this thread.... any reaction to french mag publishing cartoon of prophet Mohammed?

I was answering your question.

So since you want to focus in this thread.... any reaction to french mag publishing cartoon of prophet Mohammed?

Your post #2 was extremely stupid. That was my reaction. Only a close minded individual would promulgate that garbage (as well as try to deflect from it when totally busted).

Your post #2 was extremely stupid. That was my reaction. Only a close minded individual would promulgate that garbage.

I've never made Post #2.

and I didn't ask what you thought of my post. I'm asking you what you thought of French mag publishing cartoons of prophet Mohammed. Or are we going to continue playing this usual game of you not answering my simple question so that you can get this thread locked up?

It didn't say that his rampage was the result of watching movies that attacked Christ.

It did say:

"His manifesto states "I'm not going to pretend I'm a very religious person, as that would be a lie", calls religion a crutch and a source for drawing mental strength, and says "I've always been very pragmatic and influenced by my secular surroundings and environment." Regarding the term cultural Christian, which he says means preserving European culture, he notes, "It is enough that you are a Christian-agnostic or a Christian-atheist (an atheist who wants to preserve at least the basics of the European Christian cultural legacy...)"[179][2] Furthermore, Breivik stated that "myself and many more like me do not necessarily have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and God."

I've never made Post #2.

and I didn't ask what you thought of my post. I'm asking you what you thought of French mag publishing cartoons of prophet Mohammed. Or are we going to continue playing this usual game of you not answering my simple question so that you can get this thread locked up?

Oh .. excuse me ... :roll: Post #3 ... oops.

No, I am not going to answer your question as it is a silly deflect from your obvious trolling in post #3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back