What Is the Big Deal With Gay Marriage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would transsexual or transgender hold the gay, lesbian, and bisexual group back? A transexual and a transgender are two different things and the T stands for both.

Totally aware of that. :lol:

You would have to ask the people that feel that way. :dunno:

Since Reba skipped answering my question....

I have no interest going forward in this discussion.

Actually, genetically, we are programed to become female by default. It is the effects of hormone exposure prenatally that make the determination of whether one becomes male or female. Since they don't do genetic testing at birth, it is entirely possible for a newborn to appear male but to have the chromosome make up of a female, or vice versa. These instances are not true hermaphroditism, or intersexed individuals. They are individuals who have the external and internal genitalia of one sex, but the chromosome pattern of the opposite sex.

Well, yes and no, there are genetic conditions that causes sex traits to be crossed, the current definition stands in courts...

Yes sex ( XX or XY or (XXX,XXY,X0) ) and gender (girls should like pink, boys should like blue- social) are different, I'll stand by 'gender assigned' however because if both sets are considered functional, it is up to the parents to decide what to do (leave both or 'gender assign').

[BIOLOGY]

xo
xxy
xyy

are some examples of funny things that can happen on the way to knowing sex.

we are not 'programed' female it so much as it is that the 'x' chromosomes carry the coding for other major organs so that if there are no 'x' chromosomes present there is no life (in non monotremes mammals) - without a 'y' chromosome the default condition is -considered- female in mammals (X0) would be a not-fertile female.

(aside) 'programed' and 'default condition' may mean the same for most normal non-sleep deprived people... I see a little gnome or something sitting there typing code... :giggle: Apperently neither is true. Chromosomal Sex Determination in Mammals - Developmental Biology - NCBI Bookshelf -skim the whole thing, its neat. -(/aside)

(why particular types of genetic disorders only show up in the maternal carrier's sons)

(Birds are the opposite, male unless specified female and some reptiles are really odd - an the monotremes... uggg - this is my degree...)

[/BIOLOGY]

(then again it's also 2 AM and odd things are in my head... :wave:)

So it probably come down to what gender they had been self ID as, if opposite then nobody cares, if they both claim to be the same gender some people care (but not me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back