Leafy Green Vegetables Help IBS

Doug5

Reaction score
Like spinach, collard greens, broccoli, etc that are in high in calcium

Something about the calcium helps digestion

They are also generally high in fiber and that's a plus. Daughter had to do that for a while. Now, we find it's not IBS but she is Lactose intolerant and I am allergic to dairy.

They are also generally high in fiber and that's a plus. Daughter had to do that for a while. Now, we find it's not IBS but she is Lactose intolerant and I am allergic to dairy.

then youre gonna have to eat the leafy greens for calcium

then youre gonna have to eat the leafy greens for calcium

She hates the leafy greens, but the rest of them eat at least one serving a day. Spinach, mustard greens, collard greens, & kale.

I'm lactose intolerant also but I can eat yogurt and drink milk if I add something called Lacteeze to it.

The same bacteria that turns milk into yogurt breaks down the milk sugar (lactose). Lacteeze breaks down the milk sugar too -- suppose to give it about 1 - 2 days to work depending upon how intolerant to lactose you are. Lacteeze is an off the shelf drug that is a lactase enzyme in a glycerine solution (just a thick liquid to hold the enzyme). People who are lactose intolerant don't make enough or maybe not even any of the lactase enzyme.

I'm lactose intolerant also but I can eat yogurt and drink milk if I add something called Lacteeze to it.

The same bacteria that turns milk into yogurt breaks down the milk sugar (lactose). Lacteeze breaks down the milk sugar too -- suppose to give it about 1 - 2 days to work depending upon how intolerant to lactose you are. Lacteeze is an off the shelf drug that is a lactase enzyme in a glycerine solution (just a thick liquid to hold the enzyme). People who are lactose intolerant don't make enough or maybe not even any of the lactase enzyme.

She just takes a Lactaid tablet at each meal with dairy, but she also likes my almond milk. We've managed to work with this since she was 2 and she is now 17.

She hates the leafy greens, but the rest of them eat at least one serving a day. Spinach, mustard greens, collard greens, & kale.

We also have lots of salads with romaine, bibb and all different kinds of lettuce as well as fresh baby spinach.

She just takes a Lactaid tablet at each meal with dairy, but she also likes my almond milk. We've managed to work with this since she was 2 and she is now 17.

Almond milk? Sounds interesting, I'll have to try it! :)

I dont care for mustard greens. I cook collard greens with steak and it taste good.

Im trying to quit dairy. Ive been putting milk in my coffee but gonna quit

Im trying to quit dairy. Ive been putting milk in my coffee but gonna quit

If you really need the creamer in your coffee, there are soy milk, coconut mill and almond milk creamers at Whole Foods and some local grocery stores.

If you really need the creamer in your coffee, there are soy milk, coconut mill and almond milk creamers at Whole Foods and some local grocery stores.

I was gonna just start drinking it black but that sounds like a good idea. I will check them out

Milk in coffee? It has been driven into my head that milk is for tea, cream is for coffee! :giggle:

Back