Police fatally shoots man...didn't know he was Deaf

WTF! The cop had violent history and still was able to be a on the police force. I had always fear this would happen one day , a deaf person getting killed b/c they could not hear the cop. How horrible!

Culling the deaf herd... friggin killer cops. These stories depress me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AllDeaf App mobile app

The officer is going to jail because the deaf guy was not a threat. Cops are not allowed to kill people who disobey or can't hear their order.

Really?

Hate to break to you, this is myth!

He is likely not going to jail, more likely slap on his wrist.

OFC, he may be sued for wrongful death, and who pays for the award to victim? You guessed it... Its taxpayers!

The officer is going to jail because the deaf guy was not a threat. Cops are not allowed to kill people who disobey or can't hear their order.

That is why I don't understand why the police station don't fire him so that he would not serve in the police station no more. He did that twice and he beat up a person for no reason at all. Now the police station refused to make announcement of what happen between the cops and the father including his son. His son is lucky to be alive.

The poster in the comment section, the person was wondering why the boy who sat next to his father in his truck was not delivering the message to his father what the cops said? The boy did tried to tell the cops that his father is deaf. Beside, it was kind of confusing and happened so fast to explained to his father before his father died. It was just too late to do that for him. It is not the boy's fault that he can not relayed to his father about the cops in time.

If Deaf man was black, then that is the purpose why they want to do the shooting at him. Again, there is white privilege.

But if he was white, well, I don't know if the cop will go to jail or not. Most likely most cops who made mistakes or don't even care are not going to jail because police station or lawyers will keep the cops out of jail.

I do hope the family will sue the cop for killing him for no reason at all, ever. :mad:

the approach of the police is always too violent, the police training school does not provide a step by step procedure from soft to hard: go immediately on hard, even if the person is in a wheelchair, or spastic. This of course is not very nice in a democratic and civilized ...

I feel sorry for that person!

The way it was written, that was so brutal on the cop's part. Should have been cool headed about this, not trigger anxious. Wouldn't be surprised if rules of engagement change - Do not fire unless fired upon! :roll:

The cop was way too trigger-happy and endangered the son, too.

I wonder why the son didn't sign to his dad what the cop was yelling? (Maybe the cop ordered him to raise his hands? :dunno: )

Just sticking a gun into one's shirt isn't a safe way to carry a concealed weapon but that still doesn't justify the cop's actions.

I hope that this case will be thoroughly investigated.

The cop was way too trigger-happy and endangered the son, too.

I wonder why the son didn't sign to his dad what the cop was yelling? (Maybe the cop ordered him to raise his hands? :dunno: )

Just sticking a gun into one's shirt isn't a safe way to carry a concealed weapon but that still doesn't justify the cop's actions.

I hope that this case will be thoroughly investigated.

I bet if the son had used ASL the stupid cop would thought the two men were part of a gang and would had shot both of them.

I bet if the son had used ASL the stupid cop would thought the two men were part of a gang and would had shot both of them.

Exactly. Good point. No way would his son sign to him if he did that. That is terrible when his father met his death being so unaware of what is going on. :(

WTF! The cop had violent history and still was able to be a on the police force. I had always fear this would happen one day , a deaf person getting killed b/c they could not hear the cop. How horrible!

it happen quite few times in your country...threads may still be open on here about it

Back