Wash your hands to stop your baby being born deaf

Interesting post, Calvin. I never knew of this myself. I definitely learned something today. :)

I've been seeing it on my FB too, and reading the comments. Seems like the article is valid, just that the headline was poorly written. That has been the general opinion of based on the comments I've been reading.

Spot on! Stupid reporter!

The reporter typed very poor title for an headline. Tsk

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/toxoplasmosis.html

I heard about cat littler can be harmful to pregnant women and they should have someone clean out the cat box while pregnant.

Yes it's a Toxoplasmosis. When I was pregnant with my first kid. I was worried because I had 2 cats and my hub was away for a business trip. Doctor said " try not to touch the feces and use the gloves". I did that and frequent washes my hands. I even washed my kitties rear with my gloves. Lol. No need to get rid of cats. Someone I knew that she got rid of three cats because her doctor told her so. :roll:

I closed my fb account down few weeks back...fb not best place get information become nervous wreck

Yes it's a Toxoplasmosis. When I was pregnant with my first kid. I was worried because I had 2 cats and my hub was away for a business trip. Doctor said " try not to touch the feces and use the gloves". I did that and frequent washes my hands. I even washed my kitties rear with my gloves. Lol. No need to get rid of cats. Someone I knew that she got rid of three cats because her doctor told her so. :roll:

:( I would never gotten rid of a cat , I just would had been very care like you were. I did move back to the city when I was pregnant , I was living in an undeveloped part of Northern California . We drank untreated water and had no power . I felt it was best for my baby to move back to city. I loved living in the woods but my baby came first.

I agree that the headline was just a poor choice. "Wash Your Hands to Decrease Pre-Natal Exposure" would have been better... but probably not as likely to get people to click the link. Shock value. :( Annoying.

Let's stop washing hands!!!!

What a horrible thing to wish on a child. I was so worried my baby might be HOH like me and I did not want that for my baby. I know it would not be the end of the world if my baby was HOH but I sure did not want her to go through the same crap I had to go through.

That's exactly right. Take care to stay clean, wash hands. Don't get rid of cats. It's an old wives tale. Sometimes I'm shocked at how gullible people are and don't use common sense.

Back