Hey Rosetta Stone - How about teaching ASL?

Rosetta stone isn't doing ASL , I'm pretty sure it is because they can't just drop new audio/test into the program that they are already using.

To do ASL right it would need movement not just still photos.

I have started work on a Rosetta stone type program for asl. The 1st lessions should be out mid January.

btw . its going to be free.

Rosetta stone isn't doing ASL , I'm pretty sure it is because they can't just drop new audio/test into the program that they are already using.

I have started work on a Rosetta stone type program for asl. The 1st lessions should be out mid January.

Exactly. Rosetta Stone's method relies heavily on auditory memory. Can't do that with ASL, so the method would need to be revised.

When I contacted them, they said they were not ever going to do an ASL version. "We work more with auditory and not visual and to that end, we cannot see ourselves changing the way we do things to have a visual program."

When I contacted them, they said they were not ever going to do an ASL version. "We work more with auditory and not visual and to that end, we cannot see ourselves changing the way we do things to have a visual program."

**nodding** Basically what i said in post 23. Only from their own reps.

Hey I was just wondering if you've released the first of your ASL lessons yet. I would be interested in having a look at them.

~Glenna

I want to have portable pocket translator like have english to spanish but have asl with vidoe. I think would market well and be popular!

Back