Despicable human pretends to be in a coma for two years to avoid prison

rockin'robin

Reaction score
To avoid being trapped in prison, a man pretended to be trapped in his own body.

Alan Knight stole more than £40,000 (about $64,000) from his elderly neighbor, who suffered Alzheimer's. Then he managed to top this disgusting act by pretending to be paralyzed from the neck down and afflicted with frequent comas in order to avoid prison.

An Alzheimer's patient may have been an easy target, but how he managed to convince doctors that he was a quadriplegic is unexplainable. Knight is clearly skilled at being the worst person ever. There are few things worse than prison, but being paralyzed has got to be one of them.

He kept the miserable charade going for two years, with his wife getting in on the scam by pretending to care for him until, eventually, and unsurprisingly, he got caught.

The Metro reports that doctors witnessed him "eating, wiping his face and even writing."

It's a miracle!

I guess the doctors had also been letting him convalesce at home, because Tesco security cameras caught Knight on a shopping trip, walking around like he wasn't paralyzed, pushing a shopping cart around, and even driving himself to the store. It really makes you wonder what kind of tests the doctors did to prove he was paralyzed in the first place.

Det. Con Paul Harry from South Wales Police said, "In my entire career this is the most calculated, long-term deception of a vulnerable, elderly neighbor I have ever seen."

Knight was going to stand trial for 19 counts of fraud, but instead of standing (lol), he just plead guilty, and will be sentenced November 7th.

As long as they are looking into frauds, someone should take a long look at the wife, as well as Knight's primary care physicians. With all those sharp hospital instruments, you'd think someone would have been able to adequately prove he wasn't in a coma, but that he was just an asshole.

http://happyplace.someecards.com/te...o-be-in-a-coma-for-two-years-to-avoid-prison/

someone should shoved big fat pin up his miserable arse. wife and him do community service and pay every penny back,his wife be collecting money in own right as a carer.
the forms filled in by doctor are done in such a way that some idiot dss officer not understand..example doctor states patient tell me he in coma...or I am doctor blah blah and I could see and test patient on set dates was in a coma..if dr witness it then get money

I can't help but wonder if the doctors were in on this too. How can a doctor not know the guy was faking being coma for years ? :hmm:

if dss doctor chance he got lots of money flew over here for 3 days then back to his own country not understand language...it a cause for much anger...unlikely doctor in on it for money they get enough

Back