ssi is being canceled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the economy how it is and how discrimination is rampant, I think it is easier said than done...

Shhh. Did he attempt to apply? I doubt it.

I have medicare and medicaid both. I do not get welfare though. My medicaid is funded by medicare somehow. I know this to be a fact because the medicaid card has an "x" stamped on it underneath "medicare". When ssi gets canceled, so does medicare and as a result, medicaid too. That is the way it works in this state.

when did you apply for SS benefit? anyone who apply for ss di and won't get medicare right away, and wait for 24 months later then to get medicare. I am not sure about SSI how long SSI gets medicaid right away or not.

Medicare and medicaid are at the health dept, not from SS office. SS offices are helping health dept by filling out the medicare and medicaid forms at SS office.

How does one do that with multiple disabilities? Btw, I already addressed that possibility.

may I ask what multiple disabilities you have? :ty:

Shhh. Did he attempt to apply? I doubt it.

True...even my hearing neighbors who are well-educated with several years of experience working still havent found a job after being laid off a few months ago...

I know I do look significantly younger then I am, but 19? I'm nowhere near being that young.

I have no idea what you look like. but forgive me then... I'm just a bumbling old fool.

gerg.gif

I will not say in an open forum even though I did touch on that a little.

np np but I do advise you to listen to some ADers who understand fully about SSI, SDI, whatever. Just know that the coverage is TEMPORARY. Maybe your time was up. :dunno:

I know many will disagree with me on this, but being deaf makes it all the more harder to find work not easier.

I know many will disagree with me on this, but being deaf makes it all the more harder to find work not easier.

yes it does but I overcame it. So can you. So did many other ADers in here. Many of us are in jobs that many people thought we can't do. only YOU can choose to make it harder for yourself or not.

BOOYAH to those who thought we can't! :cool2:

np np but I do advise you to listen to some ADers who understand fully about SSI, SDI, whatever. Just know that the coverage is TEMPORARY. Maybe your time was up. :dunno:

I am not sure that is fully true, but I will listen to the people on here who are experts in this matter.

If it was temporary then why do I know quite a few deaf people who have been on it for more than a decade?
I feel that SSI should be temporary but can be extended if proof of job search was provided but to sit and do nothing and get SSI, that I disagree with and those people whom I know do that and because of that, I have lost respect for them.

yes it does but I overcame it. So can you. So did many other ADers in here. Many of us are in jobs that many people thought we can't do. only YOU can choose to make it harder for yourself or not.

:gpost:

You don't know about other disabilities I have which makes that all the more difficult. There is more to this then just what my desires, wants, and needs are.

i know ssi is not a temporary for sure. its considered for a life time only if you could not able to work real bad for exmaple, some mental illiness, brain damaged or could not function well to work then that is understandable. For deaf people, i feel that deaf people can find any kind of jobs to make more money than SSI provides with no question. :shrug:

i know ssi is not a temporary for sure. its considered for a life time only if you could not able to work real bad for exmaple, some mental illiness, brain damaged or could not function well to work then that is understandable. For deaf people, i feel that deaf people can find any kind of jobs to make more money than SSI provides with no question. :shrug:

If one has had a severe disability since childhood that prevents holding any kind of employment, then SSI will continue, as the individual cannot be changed to SSDI because they have never paid into the system. This would be true for severe cognitive impairment, severe CP, or like you said, severe mental illness.

However, for disabilities that are determined to not be so severe as to prevent working of any kind, then the benefits are temporary while you search for or train for some kind of employment. There can be an extension, if you can show that you are making an effort to obtain employment and have not been able to do so. However, if you have not been making an effort, and your case comes up for periodic review, you risk loosing your benefits.

If it was temporary then why do I know quite a few deaf people who have been on it for more than a decade?
I feel that SSI should be temporary but can be extended if proof of job search was provided but to sit and do nothing and get SSI, that I disagree with and those people whom I know do that and because of that, I have lost respect for them.

That's why the ADer said in other thread that this is case-by-case.

Good point about others who have been on it for decades. However, I have to disagree with you about just going out and finding work. Not everyone is capable of doing that. Each and every situation is different. All situations should be evaluated on a needs basis and on the severity of the disability or disabilities.

That's how I feel too..I understand that it is great for a period of time while the deaf person is getting the skills needed for a job or searching for a job but after 10 years? Pls!

If one has multiple disabilities, then I can undy the need for SSI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back