ssi is being canceled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasin

Reaction score
I got a letter stating I will be receiving $0.00 in ssi benefits starting next month. My girlfriend, who is also deaf, got a similar letter. Is anyone else being canceled or getting similar letters?

Is that just for that month or a permanment thing?

Is that just for that month or a permanment thing?

I believe its from February on. The letter has collums like this:

From ---------------- Through --------- Amount due each month
Februraruy 1, 2009 -- Continuing ------- $0.00

My collums did not line up correct, but I think you understand :)

No ssi means I will not have any medicare. No medicare means I will not have any prescription drug coverage. No prescription drug coverage means I will not have any seizure medications. No seizure medication means I will end up becoming very, very, very sick.

No ssi means I will not have any medicare. No medicare means I will not have any prescription drug coverage. No prescription drug coverage means I will not have any seizure medications. No seizure medication means I will end up becoming very, very, very sick.

if you are on ssi then it should be a medicaid. medicare is for SSDI and retirement.

I got a letter stating I will be receiving $0.00 in ssi benefits starting next month. My girlfriend, who is also deaf, got a similar letter. Is anyone else being canceled or getting similar letters?
Did you call them and find out why? Maybe they overpay you? I hope u still carry medical cuz you need it for your treatment.

Did you call them and find out why? Maybe they overpay you? I hope u still carry medical cuz you need it for your treatment.

Good advice....

I hope for your sake, that SSI isn't cancelled permanmently. Keep us posted if u don't mind.

No, I did not call. I did however, have mom call and they said they are going to issue me a new check, for the ssi check they lost, at the local ssa office. That happens to be a totally separate problem though. They did not say anything about my ssi being canceled even though mother asked about that too. We will ask about my ssi being canceled tomorrow I guess.

good luck, son. let's hope it's some paperwork mix-up at their office.

I was thinking about getting my old job back at Safeway and just forgetting about social security. I worked there when I was in high school back in the mid 1990s for close to 3 years. Also, I do have a 2 year college degree, ged, two different college certificates, and lots of various skills. Based on all that I could probably get hired on very easily. Having multiple disabilities though I do think any of that is possible.

I'm not your son, but thanks for your concern. :)

oh btw - I believe you just recently turned 19 so that means you will no longer be receiving SSI under your parent's guardianship. you simple just need to reapply under your own name rather than under your parent's name.

got it...... son? :mad2:

No ssi, that's great! It's time for you to find a job!

if you are on ssi then it should be a medicaid. medicare is for SSDI and retirement.

I have medicare and medicaid both. I do not get welfare though. My medicaid is funded by medicare somehow. I know this to be a fact because the medicaid card has an "x" stamped on it underneath "medicare". When ssi gets canceled, so does medicare and as a result, medicaid too. That is the way it works in this state.

oh btw - I believe you just recently turned 19 so that means you will no longer be receiving SSI under your parent's guardianship. you simple just need to reapply under your own name rather than under your parent's name.

got it...... son? :mad2:

I know I do look significantly younger then I am, but 19? I'm nowhere near being that young.

No ssi, that's great! It's time for you to find a job!

With the economy how it is and how discrimination is rampant, I think it is easier said than done...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back