How Is Everyone Doing in This Tough Economy?

The cost of food is horrible! Have you notice the as prices get HIGHER the packages get smaller!

thank gawd, i dont have any kids to feed especially teens. I am so grateful for that. I heard another recession is coming very soon. Sad. :(

1.) I attended my step-mother's funeral yesterday. She passed away recently. (She was diagnosed with lung cancer.) She was an amazing woman, whom I will never forget. I miss her. :(
2.) I am soooo upset to learn one of my co-workers to tell me that we all are getting laid off from work soon. Bad timing because of my step-mother's loss and also, because I won't able to find a decent job because of my deafness and plus, my age because of the economy. I am so angry because it's my second time about me getting laid off and also, because I am not ready to receive my pension as my company suggested, because I am too young to retire. GRRRRRRRR...
3.) I will attend the meeting at the State house in Boston. I hope that Congress will do things to allow people to continue to receive SSDI/SSI benefits in the future. I am not qualified because I have so much money, but I am doing this, to help deaf and HOH people to continue to receive SSI/SSDI benefits. Vote Democrat! Republicans will try to kill it.
Doug5, my young brother had his hip replacement two years and half, due to very bad arthritis. He is doing OK for now, but he is expected to have another hip replacement in the near future. Glad you were able to get the hip replacement, and that you are able to walk around. I wish you the absolute best of luck in your job search!

glad youre ok baj

yeah, the republicans want to raise the payroll tax to help social security. They refuse to tax the rich but theyre willing to tax the working middle class. And the talk of a national sales tax is evil. Everyone knows it hits the poorest hardest

part time wont do me any good. I need something permanant fulltime with insurance. I can go back to school but, I just want to work and make money.

I would go back to school. It's an investment in the rest of your life. I have every intention of finishing my degree as I like only two more years to finish.
For me, the degree is the gateway to better job opportunities.

OK, I got it. So, I wanted to say good bye, everyone. I am leaving AD.

1.) I attended my step-mother's funeral yesterday. She passed away recently. (She was diagnosed with lung cancer.) She was an amazing woman, whom I will never forget. I miss her. :(
2.) I am soooo upset to learn one of my co-workers to tell me that we all are getting laid off from work soon. Bad timing because of my step-mother's loss and also, because I won't able to find a decent job because of my deafness and plus, my age because of the economy. I am so angry because it's my second time about me getting laid off and also, because I am not ready to receive my pension as my company suggested, because I am too young to retire. GRRRRRRRR...
3.) I will attend the meeting at the State house in Boston. I hope that Congress will do things to allow people to continue to receive SSDI/SSI benefits in the future. I am not qualified because I have so much money, but I am doing this, to help deaf and HOH people to continue to receive SSI/SSDI benefits. Vote Democrat! Republicans will try to kill it.
Doug5, my young brother had his hip replacement two years and half, due to very bad arthritis. He is doing OK for now, but he is expected to have another hip replacement in the near future. Glad you were able to get the hip replacement, and that you are able to walk around. I wish you the absolute best of luck in your job search!

Im sorry you're going thru very hard times right now. I lost my job at Longaberger. In 2000, the company employed 8000 workers. Today, only 800 workers. I was employed there for six 1/2 yrs.

Dont worry, I truly hate republicans. I voted for Hillary Clinton first time and I'll vote for Barack again. F*ck republicans to hell.

I am sorry to hear about the lost of your step mother. You can't win today you either too old or too young! I called my Rep in Boston when we where getting the check from Obama stimulus packet and asked how will the homeless people get the $250 check and the women said the checks would be mailed to them! I said" they had no mailing addressing" and she said ." On ,yeah that right!"Our Rep. do not get it and she was a Democrat! The woman had no idea how to get the checks to people that really needed it!

John Tiernery had a town meeting over the phone so people could ask questions about the new health bill. I called John Tiernery's office and asked if the phones lines where set up so deaf and HOH people could call in too to asked questions. John Tiernery did not made his phone town meeting assessable to deaf and HOH people. when my turn to speak I was asked what my question was and I said " I wanted to know why John Tiernery is having a meeting about the health bill and not allowing deaf and HOH to use TTY?" I was not allowed to ask my question! John Tiernery is a Democrat. Both parties stink!

:mad: I lost my job last year and haven't found one yet. Now I live with my family and they are making life miserable. I now have this head ache that never dulls or go away despite the many pain pills I take; plus I have these spells where I just start crying and get angry. I maybe going through depression but can't afford to see a PSYCHOtherapist. :cry::cry:

I really hope to get this job that I applied for so I can continue my asl classes and move the hell out. I never want to live with anyone again until I get married and have children.

... And the talk of a national sales tax is evil. Everyone knows it hits the poorest hardest
Not the Fair Tax. It includes prebates for the poor, and no loopholes.

My condolences to you. :hug:

Im sorry you're going thru very hard times right now. I lost my job at Longaberger. In 2000, the company employed 8000 workers. Today, only 800 workers. I was employed there for six 1/2 yrs.
I'm sorry you lost your job. That is a huge reduction in workers. I was thinking about that company yesterday (weird, I know).

I'm sorry you lost your job. That is a huge reduction in workers. I was thinking about that company yesterday (weird, I know).

So was I recently.....we have a lot of Longaberger items.

:mad: I lost my job last year and haven't found one yet. Now I live with my family and they are making life miserable. I now have this head ache that never dulls or go away despite the many pain pills I take; plus I have these spells where I just start crying and get angry. I maybe going through depression but can't afford to see a PSYCHOtherapist. :cry::cry:

I really hope to get this job that I applied for so I can continue my asl classes and move the hell out. I never want to live with anyone again until I get married and have children.
I hope you can find some help soon.

So was I recently.....we have a lot of Longaberger items.
I was looking at one of my items, and started thinking how the recession might be affecting the purchase of such "non-necessity" products. They are beautiful, well-made products but probably something that people quit buying when their budgets are tight. Such a shame. :(

Not the Fair Tax. It includes prebates for the poor, and no loopholes.

yup its bad enough the ultra rich get outta paying income taxes by only paying a 15% capital gains tax. Supposedly it was 35% when Reagan was prez. but the repubs wont tell you that

:ty:

I so over it,today. The company let me keep my very first basket I made. I was so proud of myself. :) I'd love to go back but I dont know if that is possible. :(

Hubby found out this week that if we had moved back to where we lived in Missouri and he went back to the plant he was looking for. He would now be out of a job as they shut the plant down and moved operations somewhere else. There were 3 plants in this 1 town, but now all 3 of them are gone. That's a major blow to them over of the 1020 employees, 100 of them got to transfer and the others got a severance package if they had 5 years or more.

Luckily we did not move back. Yes, hubby is still in a low paying job, but at least he is working. Son may get a part time job as well. The company hubby works for has said they may take him on and see if they can get him into a school to get his GED. They are willing to work with son and hubby since we have a long history with this company. Hubby worked for them from 1988-1996, then came back in 2009.

I remember few interpeter loss pissed off something oh see I aware it , government layout something reason aware it! I Know government value!

Travis: Has the Sask government laid off ASL Interpreters?

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

I was laid off in Feb 2011, and I got a decent severance. I was able to take care of some pressing big bills with it, and for that, I'm grateful. I'm about to go into an extension on unemployment. I live very frugally and simply, so I'm okay for now.

What's really getting to me is finding work with my voice issue. My experience is in insurance - I love it. Before that, it was customer service, clerical, data entry. I went to school for Biology (one parent's death and declining health of the surviving parent took me out of school) and network management.

Since I can't be on the phone all day, I can't go back to claims, which is where I started as an adjuster. Ditto for sales (I'm not a sales person by nature, anyway). I prefer behind-the-scenes roles (administration/clerical), but when I do get contacted - "we need someone who can answer the phone" or "we need someone who can speak clearly" or something along those lines. It's depressing. It's even worse when I see positions advertised for which I am perfectly suited...except that I can't talk.

Because of that, and my PTSD, I've had it strongly hinted that I should go on disability. No! I want to work. I want to be of some use. Looking into work-from-home jobs - a lot of call center (which is out) or independent contracting positions that are somewhat riskier than I can handle. I don't want (nor need) any more student loan debt, so looking into alternative ways to pay for school.

I've tried fast food, retail, etc - I'm "overqualified". Ugh!

Back