Is cheating death wrong?

The Joker

Reaction score
I mean if science can find a way for man to live longer is this wrong? I mean suppose if they create a tube you can sleep by gas for 8 hours a day that freezes time by your age is this wrong?

*shrug* you still gonna die anyway

btw - living longer and being immortal are not the same thing. we've already started living longer than before... which is why I told you that it's bad idea to reduce the retirement age to 55 years old.

Why do you even want to live longer, anyway?

It's bad enough this entire planet has waaaaaaaaay to many people. There is going to be a time where food will run out because people will not stop procreating. I personally think, people should be limited on how many kids they are allowed to have.

We do not take any consideration of how we effect our Planet. We kill so many animals for food, we grow so many crops, we kill so many fish.

It's actually sad, in the last 200 years, so many animals has became extinct because we are selfish.

I've watched documentaries of Japenese that kill of dolphins in 'The Cove'. All because so many dolphins are not 'perfect'. So they kill them off? Really? Why not let them go so they can continue breeding?

Tasmanian Tigers that are not longer around, as nobody has seen one in YEARS because they were hunted to extinction.

This goes for many animals.

It's time for people to start thinking of their family's future. Or we will get to the point our future families will die out and there will be nothing left on this planet.

Living longer is not going to solve the problems. If I live to the age of 75 and I have done all the things I have done. Loved all the kids and grandchildren I'll get, loved all the women I have loved. By then I'd have cherished my life, but it's time to move on and let my children and grandchildren to continue my legacy.

Why do you even want to live longer, anyway?
why not? nothing wrong with it.

It's bad enough this entire planet has waaaaaaaaay to many people. There is going to be a time where food will run out because people will not stop procreating. I personally think, people should be limited on how many kids they are allowed to have.
oh trust me - 7 billion people is far too few even for this planet. far far far tiny.

We do not take any consideration of how we effect our Planet. We kill so many animals for food, we grow so many crops, we kill so many fish.
that is true. overconsumption and misallocation of resource. that is the problem we need to address.

It's actually sad, in the last 200 years, so many animals has became extinct because we are selfish.
yes.... and also so many new species are born everyday.

I've watched documentaries of Japenese that kill of dolphins in 'The Cove'. All because so many dolphins are not 'perfect'. So they kill them off? Really? Why not let them go so they can continue breeding?
what? no no. they killed dolphins for food and many Japanese people did not know about this. nobody would eat dolphins.

Tasmanian Tigers that are not longer around, as nobody has seen one in YEARS because they were hunted to extinction.

This goes for many animals.

It's time for people to start thinking of their family's future. Or we will get to the point our future families will die out and there will be nothing left on this planet.
nah. there will always be something left on this planet. the question is.... can Earth continue to be sustainable for our future generations? big question mark.

Living longer is not going to solve the problems. If I live to the age of 75 and I have done all the things I have done. Loved all the kids and grandchildren I'll get, loved all the women I have loved. By then I'd have cherished my life, but it's time to move on and let my children and grandchildren to continue my legacy.
If good people like Bill Nye, Steve Irwin, Darwin, Jane Goodall, etc live longer.... imagine how much more they can do for the humanity and Earth.

why not? nothing wrong with it.

oh trust me - 7 billion people is far too few even for this planet. far far far tiny.

that is true. overconsumption and misallocation of resource. that is the problem we need to address.

yes.... and also so many new species are born everyday.

what? no no. they killed dolphins for food and many Japanese people did not know about this. nobody would eat dolphins.

nah. there will always be something left on this planet. the question is.... can Earth continue to be sustainable for our future generations? big question mark.

If good people like Bill Nye, Steve Irwin, Darwin, Jane Goodall, etc live longer.... imagine how much more they can do for the humanity and Earth.

I had clients that would disagree with you about living longer. They hated being trapped inside an useless body and having a very active brain . They knew how to do things like drive car a tractor or fish or eat food with mouth instead of using a feeding tube. Living longer is not so great for some people . I also saw cases of abuse by family members , they can't afford sending their parents or grandparents to a nursing home and keep them home. I had sweet old lady who terrific of her daughter , she gave her mom a black eye , I reported it to my boss . The daughter said her mom fell.
I saw the mother jumped back when her daughter got close to her . The mom
tried to hide behind me for protection. Living longer is fine only if you have good medical coverage and a loving family . I found this out as a health aide.

And it helps to have good health .

Well i like the new science way to sleep. You lie down inside tube close door and release the gas. Your body is frozen time is frozen by 8 hours a day. So do this math

8 Hours frozen time total of 365 days. So how many minutes more will we live by 60 years? So by that time we get 60 years old how much time have we bought for ourselves?

2920 hours 417600 mins quick calculation in brain and me brain no calculate more so time spent in tube do not equal value spent living

I had clients that would disagree with you about living longer. They hated being trapped inside an useless body and having a very active brain . They knew how to do things like drive car a tractor or fish or eat food with mouth instead of using a feeding tube. Living longer is not so great for some people . I also saw cases of abuse by family members , they can't afford sending their parents or grandparents to a nursing home and keep them home. I had sweet old lady who terrific of her daughter , she gave her mom a black eye , I reported it to my boss . The daughter said her mom fell.
I saw the mother jumped back when her daughter got close to her . The mom
tried to hide behind me for protection. Living longer is fine only if you have good medical coverage and a loving family . I found this out as a health aide.

And it helps to have good health .

ok but that's a whole different story. we're assuming that you're able-bodied and in a good health, living a long time. that's why we have palliative care.... as well as "Death with Dignity" Act.

anyway - if we have gotten to the point where our lifespans have been dramatically increased... then that usually means our medical technology has been dramatically advanced.

Well i like the new science way to sleep. You lie down inside tube close door and release the gas. Your body is frozen time is frozen by 8 hours a day. So do this math

8 Hours frozen time total of 365 days. So how many minutes more will we live by 60 years? So by that time we get 60 years old how much time have we bought for ourselves?

cryostasis? good luck.

When Walt Disney die there were rumors that his body was frozen ,`

a19.jpg

Back